A/R Credit and Collections Analyst
Formed in 1924, Cowan Systems enjoys a history of excellence and quality in the transportation business. Due to continued growth, Cowan Systems, LLC is seeking the top talent in the industry to join our team in Baltimore, MD.
Cowan Systems, LLC is a National truckload carrier that specializes in providing high quality dedicated fleet services for companies requiring first-rate performance. Cowan Systems offers dedicated fleet services which provide a customized transportation package designed to meet the specific needs of the shipper; such as specialized equipment, strict timetables and custom reporting. Our 100% supply chain solution includes local and long haul trucking services.
This person is responsible for the receipt and accounting of funds being paid to the organization ensuring all receivables are being collected timely and that our billing and operations teams are following the required procedures to ensure our invoices will be paid as billed. This position will be project driven based on our top accounts with the biggest receivable’s issues. This person will be responsible for fixing all internal issues and addressing customer issues with management to develop plans for resolving with customers.
- Critically and analytically review the organization’s billing processes to make sure they are in compliance with customer directives
- Ensure that the organization is complying with relevant processes to ensure timely collection of receivables
- Make recommendations on how to improve internal processes used by billing and collections for all assigned accounts
- Running reporting in Excel and analyzing the data presented to mitigate at risk receivables
- Call customer and problem solve processes between systems and interfaces specific to each entity.
- Assist, manage and finalize the collection efforts for all assigned accounts
- Conduct research to fix and resubmit all incorrectly received invoices to ensure payment will be received
- Review account issues with management
- Root cause analysis throughout all areas for improvement within each administrative department responsible for each account.
- Aid in the successful onboarding of accounts from a billing and collections perspective.
- Establish weekly cadences with billing and operations personnel who manage the accounts assigned.
- Strong financial and analytical background with demonstrated ability to:
- Drill into data to identify root causes
- Turn data into actionable information
- Communicate results effectively to various levels of management
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to problem solve and critically think
- Superior organization, research, and time management skills
- Outlook email organization
- Ability to coordinate and work on numerous projects simultaneously with minimal supervision and keep track of ever-changing schedules and deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Astute, with strong business acumen, process orientated mindset and strong analytical skills.
- Effective listening skills – listens to understand vs. to just respond. Continuous learner.
- Proactive: Brings new ideas and identifies best practices to the company that improve financial processes and controls.
- Must have strong technical skills, in addition to exceptional business judgment and the highest level of integrity.
- Must have ability to manage complex projects, set priorities, work independently, operate effectively with minimal oversight, and develop own conclusions.
Required Education and Experience:
- College Degree (accounting or finance degree preferred)
- Five years previous experience.