San Manuel Band of Mission Indians
Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Supervisor, the Cashier is responsible for taking customer food orders, collecting payments and making change for customers and employees. The Cashier is also responsible for balancing opening and closing banks at the beginning and end of each shift.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensures register area is kept clean and safe at all times. Ensures kitchen area is clean and appropriate items are stocked. Ensures equipment is in proper working order. Ensures all customers and team members pay for all food received. Responsible for cleanliness, organization & preparedness of immediate workspace & adjacent areas. Selects requested food items from the serving or storage area and assembles items on trays for the customer. Responsible to notify immediate supervisor of any problems and or concerns
2. Receives and counts down opening banks for accuracy and proper breakdown of change. Counts down bank in drawer at end of each session, and assists in the cleanup of kitchen at the end of each session.
3. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Must have good basic mathematical, organizational and communication skills.
- Clean and proper work attire in accordance with company policy.
- Must be reliable, pleasant and possess a good attitude.
- Must be able to provide good service to sometimes-difficult situations.
- Ability to cope in potentially stressful situations.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handler’s Card within 90 days of employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!