Advance Auto Parts Black History Month
The Point of Sale team is responsible for building solutions that drive the customer experience and team member experience, during the item lookup and check out process. This team plays an integral, high visible role in working across the company’s Store Operations, Customer Relationship and IT organizations.
The Business Analyst candidate will take initiative in proactively defining capabilities of our Point of Sale solution. This role will dive deep into store operations and system capabilities as they contribute to team member and customer experiences. The business analyst is dedicated to creating an intuitive and efficient experience in close coordination with both the Product Manager, business and user experience partners. Successful candidates will thrive in an agile environment, speak up to share ideas while documenting clear visions, user stories and overall goals. Strong analytical and communication skills are must-have traits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand our stores, team members and customers including professional customers.
- Work to improve Team Member and Customer experiences, that will improve efficiencies increase customer loyalty
- Partner with product managers and the scrum team to ensure customer and team member satisfaction
- Be a clear, consistent source of trustworthy information; facilitate discussion, transparency and good decision-making
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage the work assigned with little guidance
- Works independently as appropriate but always communicates and coordinates as part of a team and follows agile processes
- Must be a team player with excellent collaboration skills and communication skills
- Experience working in an agile methodology using a scrum framework
- Skills required in documenting detailed requirements, process flows and data flows
- Decomposes and documents high-level business requirements into functional and quality requirements
- Drives effective requirement gathering practices
- Leads requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirements are well defined and can be individually verified during testing
- Identify and define acceptance criteria, external dependencies, constraints, system and technical requirements
- Identification, documentation and communication of risks, gaps, dependencies and issues
- Own accuracy of user requirement development with the product manager and scrum team
- Understand goals and agreement on final product among IT and Business team stakeholders
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Experience as a scrum team member
- Experience in creating user stories in a scrum environment
- Experience in learning, translating, and understanding business needs
- Experience in writing requirements using an agile methodology, breaking down stories in deliverable segments and representing acceptance criteria to drive development and test activities.
- Experience in internal customer relationship building
- Experience in working along with user interface designers to connect the user experience with requirements to represent a complete project story
- Experience with project management tools for managing a backlog of scope and requirements
- Experience in presenting feasible and practical solution proposals
- Experience with presentations, business diagrams, technical diagrams, negotiation, and persuasion
- Experience understanding priorities, tradeoffs, phasing, and cost/benefit decisions
- High energy and solid work ethic, with motivational and leadership qualities
- Experience with software development tools such as Jira as well as diagramming tools
- Experience working with 3rd party vendor/partner relationships
- Experience in understanding web and service technology and providing capability guidance
- Experience with in-store retail selling applications (i.e. Point of Sale Systems, catalogs)
- Automotive Aftermarket Parts Retail experience or similar
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience business analyst experience
California Residents click below for Privacy Notice: