Provides residents assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) while recognizing the importance of their dignity and
respect at all times.
- Assists residents with dressing, grooming, eating, bathing, positioning, turning, toileting and exercising.
- Gives treatments, performs tests, carries out procedures and collects specimens as instructed.
- Reports and records observations and results of treatments, tests, procedures and specimens when indicated.
- Encourages residents to attend meals in the dining room by escorting to and from dining room
- Encourages independence, attendance at activities, restorative programs and rehabilitation
- Assists residents with meals in ways that meet their individual needs and desires, while being cognizant of changes in appetitesand physical abilities to eat and drink
- Establishes and maintains good relationships with residents and their families
- Disposes of all incontinent products according to OSHA regulations and Company policy
- Demonstrates knowledge of aseptic technique in all resident care to prevent spread of disease and infections
- Adheres to universal precautions and all other infection control guidelines
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency policy and procedure
- Practices proper body mechanics when lifting following safety guidelines
- Responds to resident emergencies and answers signal lights promptly
- Changes bed linens, makes beds and keeps rooms clean and orderly
- Maintains safe and sanitary work stations and equipment
- Works assigned schedule
- Follows proper procedure for clocking in and out for shifts
- Follows guidelines for uniforms and wears name badge daily
- Follows policy on signing equipment in and out, and uses Company assigned equipment properly as intended
- The ability to work in a safe and alert manner
- The ability to take ownership for associate s safety and the safety of the residents
- Must disclose any medication that might impair associate s ability to perform the job safely or competently.
- Leads by example exhibiting the CORE Values through servant
- Encourages teamwork and promotes company philosophy
- Attends required community meetings and participates Life Enrichment activities when able
- Completes all required courses in adherence with HRA University
- Is prompt and able to perform the required duties of the position on a regular, predictable basis
- Becomes familiar and understands how to report a missing person using the Safe Return program or equivalent
- Becomes familiar and understands the steps for fire evacuation
- All associates are responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all community residents.
- Must have a high school education
- Non-Certification with proper training, or possession of valid state certification as C.N.A.
- 1 3 years experience in a senior care community or nursing home environment preferred
- Has a good understanding of how Dementia and Alzheimer s Disease can affect behavior
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, associates, residents, family members, and outside contacts
- Must possess a passion to work with and around senior citizens
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)