At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
The Client Services Analyst II is the primary contact for support services for NRG Business’ highest valued customers and brokers. The rep is assigned a portfolio of customers and establishes, builds, and maintains a long-term relationship with each customer by acting as a liaison between the customer and all internal teams, TDSP’s or EDC’s and other market participants. As the designated point of contact for assigned clients and brokers, the rep will work directly with internal and external groups to escalate and resolve complex issues on behalf of the customer and actively provide the customer with frequent updates about resolution. The rep must perform analysis and problem resolution and contribute to the development of new processes and procedures to enable the delivery of an outstanding customer experience geared towards retaining and expanding the customer relationship.
- Provide timely issue and inquiry resolution for a designated, high-value client set by:
- Thoroughly analyzing and appropriately diagnosing the issue;
- Interacting with customers regularly to seek clarification, address issues, provide progress updates, and review actions taken;
- Advocating internally for the swift, accurate, and comprehensive resolution of the issue;
- Reviewing the resolution prior to closing the issue to ensure it appropriately addressed the issue and was resolved satisfactorily;
- Providing a comprehensive response to clients, sales, and brokers upon case resolution; and
- Documenting requests/response emails according to established business practice.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolution by extracting relevant data from various systems to resolve issues or track down the pervasiveness of uncovered issues.
- Evaluate customer payment history and value to accept or reject late fee waivers (no secondary approval required).
- Reconcile client contracts and state-issued documents to internal systems and applications to resolve price and tax disputes; escalate for functional intervention and resolution where necessary.
- Evaluate customer payment history, then-current market conditions and company policy to negotiate, reject or escalate (for approval) deferred payment plans.
- Prepare summarized reports required for approval of financial adjustments.
- Independently identify complex billing and system issues as they arise. Performs root cause analysis and drives the issue to a successful resolution.
- Conduct ongoing quality control monitoring to ensure the billing configuration infrastructure and supporting pricing attributes are accurate and reflect current market conditions. This includes performing analytics related to regulatory changes and playing a key role in operationalizing the appropriate solutions.
- Perform basic financial analysis to determine amounts required for refunds, credits, and lost savings requests.
- Examine client contract and state-specific PUC regulations to review and approve/reject standard cancellation and rescission requests; escalate for supervisory intervention where appropriate.
- Analyze and reconcile customer accounts with respect to missing/misapplied payments or usage; execute required remediation.
- Proactively monitor client billing and other activity for a reasonable period post-issue resolution to ensure no related or new issues arise.
- Proactively engage assigned customers and brokers on a regular basis to ensure service delivery is aligned with their expectations and highlight insights to appropriate stakeholders
- Build and maintain an excellent customer relationship over the contract term by providing prompt, professional issue resolution, delivering relevant communication timely, and engaging in site visits with Sales when necessary
- Proactively manage end-to-end service delivery for customers and brokers’ portfolios to ensure timeliness of customer onboarding (enrollment and account set-up), the accuracy of billing and collection activity, and prompt resolution of all issues during the customer lifecycle
- Prepare and present customer presentations and ad hoc reports as requested, including in-depth analysis of account history and/or financial data
- Build an exceptional professional relationship with the Sales team, functional teams, and external contacts (including Brokers and Third Parties); participate in formal meetings as need dictates
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings as needed to address customer-impacting issues and processes.
- Monitor, manage, and respond to external requests within established timelines including, but not limited to, Public Utility Commissions, governmental, BBB, and third-party vendors.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the resolution of complex issues for members of our team and other internal departments.
- Counsel the customer, third parties, and internal teams on Market regulatory rules, tariff provisions, charges, permit issues, consumption energy charges, and all other areas to simplify establishing new services, deleting services, invoice processing/delivery, historical account data analysis, interpret billing and payment processing/handling.
- Work with customers to establish access to the C&I Portal – become an expert in the functionality available and train customers in the use of the system and its benefits.
- Independently prepare and distribute reports and data uploads to meet deadlines for internal parties and external customers. Oversee reporting schedules for the entire team and be responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of reports distributed to customers
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the market, the end-to-end customer lifecycle, and NRG products, services, and contracts to effectively resolve issues
- Develop and manage new departmental procedures to create efficiencies and streamline processes with a focus on improving the customer experience.
- Fully remote work. Open office environment (when in-office)
- Some overtime is required as special projects/resource constraints arise.
- Bachelor’s degree, or 3-5 years of relevant work experience in customer care or account/portfoliomanagement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to effectively present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to use good judgment to make independent decisions based on current business practices.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent PC skills are required with intermediate-level Excel skills in order to independently create and analyze spreadsheets.
- Advanced math skills and analytical ability.
- Courteous, patient, energetic, and an enthusiastic personality with a professional demeanor
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and be comfortable in making rational and reasoned decisions that impact the client experience and financial outcomes.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, remaining focused and calm in the face of distractions and effectively adapting to new or changing situations.
- Thorough knowledge of deregulated Market rules and internal NRG business processes required to support the C&I customer base.
- Being bilingual is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Communications, or Business a plus.
- Customer Care experience is a plus.
- Advanced PowerPoint skills are a plus.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster(The poster can be found at
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant’s experience or skills.
Official description on file with Talent.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=641c1d1b39dda3ec9a6c04685&ri=98b9503e7f9a4a9d920d90c43dc96283&job_loc=Dallas%2CTX&q&spl=6d3567464d30547258744c39744b44633a684a6748316746644b72324a524e7561774c793542773d3d3a4173464c304f6a4a3337735a774f38463838424a4c526f644a3361424c4d4638566a554b713656316f4d79786937434543454465644c4c5839314659625253304f697275696836366d48706845346e6d52667138677842616d6a43667971474c484f4f78612f786c6a2f6c4b503357625a5952664e6c426f715659414754635056346b774d773d3d&encrypt=0&l=75054→