Clinical Sales Representative
The Clinical Sales Representative is accountable for facilitating and managing referral sources in the physician practice setting as well as acute care, sub-acute, rehab and SNF settings and initiation and assessment of patient referrals for appropriateness for Home Medical Equipment Services focused on Non-Invasive and Invasive Ventilation for complex respiratory patients and Sleep Therapy.
This position is also responsible for implementing specific patient care planning activities such as collecting patient clinical information and demographic data along with appropriate orders for equipment. In addition the Clinical Sales Representative must be adept at planning and executing in-service training of equipment and programs to referral sources.
This position requires organization, the ability to multi-task and strong communication skills.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: (Essential Functions are noted in italics)
* Develops sales territory action plan to identify specific new referral source opportunities and maintain existing accounts by calling on appropriate personnel in physician offices, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and skilled nursing facilities. Examples: physicians, discharge planners and case managers within assigned territory.
* Conducts daily sales calls to establish new opportunities and maintain existing referral source relationships in the medical community. This would include attending or participating in professional, social, civic and community groups, seminars and trade shows which promote the services and goodwill of the Company.
* Forms a thorough knowledge of, confidence in and passion about our products, services and programs for the benefit of promoting and marketing Breath of Lifes complex respiratory and sleep therapy services to all referral sources.
* Strives to meet and exceed sales goals and quotas.
* Collaborates with senior management, location management and respective staff to ensure sales efforts are focused on driving sales growth and meeting current operational needs. This would include prompt submission of documentation and adequate information to promote accurate billing for all payer sources, continuity of patient care and referral satisfaction.
* Maintains accurate and current records of sales-related activities; prospects, contacts, meeting dates and notes for maintaining referral source accounts, and submits all related data in a timely and efficient manner.
* Attend and participate in staff meetings such as sales meetings or generalized team meetings.
* Participates/assists with initial set up of patient equipment and patients ongoing complex respiratory care or sleep therapy maintenance.
* Prepares and presents meaningful reports as required by Breath of Life, accrediting bodies and other regulatory agencies. * Provide information to referral sources on specific patient compliance, outcomes and successes
* Stays abreast of current trends and competitor practices. Communicates related opportunities and challenges to appropriate leadership.
* Participates in the development and implementation of new sales-related strategies, campaigns, etc.
* Displays a personal commitment to the mission and values of the company.
* Performs other duties as may be required.
* License to practice Respiratory Care or Nursing by appropriate regulatory or accrediting agencies is preffered but not required.
* Successful sales experience with at least 1+ years selling in the post-acute healthcare industry, or closely related business.
* Professional-level command and comprehension of the English language. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Professional aptitude, appearance and demeanor.
* Must be a Self-starter and self-motivated, flexible and service oriented.
* Platform presentation skills including public speaking.
* Valid state Drivers License, proof of current vehicle insurance and acceptable driving record (no at-fault accidents within prior 3 years, no DUI).
* Interpersonal skills to allow effective working relationships with clients, professional organizations, community officials, company leadership, staff, patients, adult children, families and care-givers.
* Ability to operate a basic office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, computers and various software required for administrative job duties. 10.Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint required to produce reports, communication and documents.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Willing to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays, etc., as may be required.
* Ability to travel for extended periods of time.
* Ability to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time. Full range of motion capability; arms and trunk. Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, turn, twist, reach and climb.
* Gross and fine motor coordination to allow the manipulation of equipment utilized in the performance of activities.
* Ability to lift/carry medium weight (up to 25 lbs.), light pushing/pulling (up to 50lbs.).
* Ability to hear within normal ranges, and tolerate occasional loud noises; vision (corrected if necessary) to allow reading, ability to discern of color and depth; normal sense of touch.
* Ability to withstand temperature fluctuations normally found within an office environment, and varying weather conditions which may exist while performing outdoor duties such as calling on referral sources, supporting activities and events.
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.
***Health and retirement benefits to be discussed upon hire***