This role is responsible for setting the rules and controls across the entities in the designated region for Customer Protection, Financial Crimes (Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing), United States of America and International Sanctions or Restrictive Measures, Anti-Bribery/Gifts and Entertainment, Conflict of Interest, Due Diligence Procedures, Ethics and Professional Conduct, Best Practices / Regulatory requirements. The role is responsible, as part of the Americas Compliance Team, for ensuring that the rules and controls comply with applicable local and/or international regulations and AXA Partners policies.
This role is responsible for setting the rules and controls at AXA Partners US as it relates to data privacy and protection of customer data, which comply with relevant local regulation and AXA Partners policies.
This role must be knowledgeable in U.S. insurance regulation (P&C and A&H preferred) and will be supporting the development of new insurance programs and licensing requirements.
The following Regional Compliance responsibilities apply to the designated region:
* Regional roll-out of AP Compliance programs and policies across all entities, as de?ned centrally;
* Business partner to the countries’ leadership teams across Americas to ensure activities are conducted in a compliant manner;
* Performance of local and regional regulatory watch & risk assessments;
* Support to the different business teams across the designated region` on Compliance topics;
* Creates a culture of compliance through Awareness and training to the local management teams and employees across the designated region regarding compliance topics;
* Development, implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive Financial Crime prevention program, in compliance with the US OFAC Sanctions Program Framework and FCPA obligations;
* Working with the business across designated region to identify compliance risks and implementation of action plans;
* Supporting management across the designated region to design and implement compliance controls and procedures to mitigate the identified compliance risks;
* Monitoring compliance with relevant laws and regulations, as well as internal compliance and ethical standards in the designated region;
* Monitor the compliance framework in the designated region and help support internal and external compliance audits. (Tracking regulatory changes, breach reporting, incident escalation, process on all activities concerning compliance);
* Support the different teams across the designated region to develop projects according with the commercial necessities, but also in compliance with AXA Compliance Requirements;
* Support the administration in case of breaches of policies or laws by employees, suppliers or business partners (Investigation and imposition of corrective measures);
* Helps review advertising materials and digital media, terms and conditions, forms, contracts and disclosures, to comply with applicable compliance laws, rules and regulation;
* Support U.S. insurance new business and the development of new insurance programs
* Maintain all required U.S. state licensure for regulated programs
* Participate in the Risks Committees (or equivalent), or any other where presence is required;
* Being the point of contact between the local entities and Central Compliance team;
* Report on a regular basis to Sr. Compliance Officer at Central Level;
* Bachelor’s Degree;
* Minimum 3-5 years of compliance related to U.S. insurance, regulatory compliance, and data privacy;
* Good knowledge of compliance requirements and procedures;
* Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively and professionally to all levels of management;
* Ability to respect and adhere to strict deadlines;
* Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail;
* Integrity and professional ethics;
* Strong computer skills (including MS applications);
Bilingual Spanish/English (preferred but not required).
AXA Group is the world leader in insurance and asset management. We protect and advise our clients at every step in their lives, by offering products and services which satisfy their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, saving and asset management. AXA is the leading insurance brand worldwide, with over 100 million clients. We are transforming from payer to partner for our client, with a strong focus on risk prevention.
Our mission: Empower people to live a better life.
Our values: Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
About the Entity
AXA Partners is an AXA transversal business unit offering a wide range of solutions in assistance services, travel insurance and credit protection.
AXA Partners’ role is also to implement innovative solutions emerging from the AXA Innovation unit.
Combining passion with advanced expertise, we design and deliver worldwide solutions for partners and communities. We protect what matters, when it matters.
What We Offer
By joining AXA Partners, you will work in a responsible company, which offers a real culture of expertise & diversity. Our focus is on accelerating the development of everyone’s skills, whilst offering attractive and competitive compensation and opportunities for professional development and growth.
Additionally, at AXA, we work to make a real difference to people – when amazing things happen and when we create opportunities for a better life, the feeling of pride is extraordinary.