Join the movement!
Pharmacann Inc., one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann Inc. operates across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com .
The Data Specialist position is responsible for a variety of duties on the Analytics Team and will help verify and ensure the accuracy of the data coming from the Cultivation Departments in Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Ohio, & Pennsylvania (Region 2, Pharmacann). This position will sit in one of the identified cultivation facilities within the region. The focus of the Data Specialist is to properly report production and cultivation information from the seed to sale system (METRC/Biotrack/MJ Freeway), ERP (Dynamics NAV), and our internal systems for all identified locations in Region 2. In addition, the Data Specialist is responsible for verifying the accuracy of data used to compile reports. This data is entered into NAV as well as other tracking systems by the Data Technicians in each state and the Data Specialist will be responsible for auditing such data. This position requires a high attention to detail and an intermediate working knowledge of Dynamics NAV, seed to sales systems, Google Sheets, and Excel. The position provides regular and timely communication with Analytics, Compliance, and Processing management as well as team members within those departments. The Data Specialist is expected to operate under the highest standards of compliance and professionalism. This position is an office position.
Data Entry and Systems
- METRC/Biotrack/MJ Freeway/NAV data entry and adjustments for Cultivation Department products.
- Harvest plants across multiple licenses in METRC/Biotrack/MJ Freeway/NAV for p
- Create and adjust inventory in Dynamics NAV for production and cultivation
- Enter and edit data in internal Google Sheets and Excel Reports.
- METRC searches and product verification.
- The Data Specialists will work with the department supervisor to schedule and perform physical and digital audits of products in Dynamics NAV to compare against physical counts and data within METRC or Biotrack.
- Verify testing data for batches/packages.
- Verify and report plant audits from production to Dynamics METRC/Biotrack/MJ Freeway/NAV.
- Build data sets in DOMO to provide business insights for assigned locations.
- Run reports in METRC/Biotrack/MJ Freeway, and NAV in relation to plant counts, on hand inventory, distribution rates, and sales.
- Search internal systems on a wide range of data including but not limited to: plants, packages, labor statistics, testing results, etc.
- Accurately compile and scrub data to report on a wide range of activities in multiple departments as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations
- Ensure that workflow and work procedures are documented and that appropriate controls and audit are in place to ensure data and processing integrity.
- Coverage in other areas of Analytics.
- Occasional coverage/assistance for data entry.
- Creation of METRC/Biotrack/MJ Freeway manifests and Dynamics NAV transfers as needed.
- Using data to identify areas where there is the opportunity to grow.
- The Data Specialists will be required to assist the Analytics Manager & Supervisor in training others in the department on processes commonly used by the team.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Processing Analytics Supervisor, also takes direction from the Analytics Manager(s).
- This person does not supervise others.
- One to three years of data entry experience is required.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Google Sheets and/or Excel required.
- One year of experience working in METRC, Biotrack, or MJ Freeway preferred.
- Prior experience working within Dynamics NAV or similar inventory tracking systems preferred.
- Data analysis experience preferred.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of inventory management and adherence to FIFO.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws relating to key areas of responsibility.
- Must be able to secure appropriate work credentials from the varying state regulatory agencies.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Close Attention to Detail
- Communication and Presentation
- Time Management
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Information and Technology Proficiency
- Able to use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing, warehouse, or retail environment
- Able to perform general office managerial and administrative activities.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Regular and on-time attendance.
- Hours regularly exceed 40 hours per week.
- Occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.