Job Location: United States : Rhode Island : Warwick
Alternate Job Location: United States : Rhode Island : Warwick || Not Applicable : Not Applicable
Work Arrangement: Virtual
Role Value Proposition
Are you someone that relishes problem solving and putting customers first? Do you want to directly impact the lives of our customers? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you: We are actively hiring Customer Service Representatives for our MetLife Life product line starting September 25th, 2023. After paid training, you will join the in-bound customer service team putting customers at the heart of all you do.
Global Customer Solutions (GCS) provides support of key insurance and protection products. The team covers MetLife products, both for individual and employer groups, including Dental, Annuities, Life, Disability, Critical and Long-Term Care, and more. The team provides world-class Customer Service and Sales support to customers via phone. They are committed to making a difference through every customer experience.
As a leader in insurance, MetLife never underestimates the significance of the impact made by associates. We are the country s number one underwriter of employer-sponsored programs, as well as one of the largest providers of personal lines, auto, homeowners and related insurance. How do we do it? Our associates, of course!
To enhance your success and engagement from day one and throughout your career, we provide numerous benefits including, but most definitely, not limited to:
- Paid training.
- Dental, medical & life insurance.
- Retirement plans including 401(k).
- Paid time off.
- Paid overtime.
- Programs designed to strengthen and reward your performance.
The successful candidate will leverage effective listening skills, and mindfulness, strong noetic curiosity, and an honest desire to be effective and ensure that every customer experience is exceptional. With an understanding of our customers needs and wants, and a focus on delivering solutions that meet those needs, you will deliver a service experience that exceeds expectations and makes it easy for customers to do business with us.
- Virtual roles work from a home office with periodic visits to the assigned GCSO office as needed for team events, meetings, training, business continuity, etc.
- Answers and documents incoming calls from Financial Service Representatives and/or clients to respond to their inquiries and/or provide status updates and policy provisions of fixed and variable life products and website support for Advisors.
- Educates Financial Service Representatives on market requirements, processes, contract provisions, and life products.
- Researches and responds to errors, application and contract discrepancies, and processing delays.
- Research special requests made by Financial Service Representatives and acts as a liaison between the representative and Life Operations.
- Stays current with retail life markets and products to provide a high and accurate service level.
- Assists advisors with portal support including account unlocks and password reset inquiries.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- New hires should live a commutable distance from the site the role is posted in.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to work during the hours of operation of 9:00 am – 6:30 pm Monday-Friday; must be flexible regarding overtime & shift worked, which may change based on business needs.
- Must have the ability to test and obtain FINRA Series 6 license within one year of hire- training and costs for the FINRA exam are covered by MetLife.
- 2+ years customer service experience.
- Some additional educational experience or a trade or professional certification is preferred; bachelor s degree in business/Finance strongly preferred.
- Insurance or Financial Services industry experience or Product specific experience strongly preferred.
- A passion for serving customers and a personal commitment to following through in a dynamic, ambitious environment.
- A demonstrated ability to quickly learn and continuously develop functional knowledge and an understanding of company products as well as administrative, claims, underwriting and marketing functions.
- Strong computer/keyboard skills as well as solid math, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Superb listening skills and professional oral & written communication skills with an ability to inspire trust and accountability though an empathetic communication style which promotes a quality image of MetLife.
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we are leading the global transformation of an industry we ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine s 2021 list of the World s Most Admired Companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage for applicants for this position is $41,600.00 per year. This role is also eligible for annual short-term incentive compensation. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.