Job Location: United States : Rhode Island : Warwick
Alternate Job Location: United States : Rhode Island : Warwick || Not Applicable : Not Applicable
Work Arrangement: Virtual
Role Value Proposition
Are you someone that enjoys problem solving and putting customers first? Do you want to directly impact the lives of our customers? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you: We are actively hiring Customer Service Representatives for our Long-Term Care product line with a start date on September 25th in Warwick, RI. After paid training, you will join the in-bound customer service team putting customers at the heart of all you do.
Global Customer Solutions (GCS) provides support of key insurance and protection products. The team covers MetLife products, both for individual and employer groups, including Dental, Annuities, Life, Disability, Critical and Long-Term Care, and more. The team provides world-class Customer Service and Sales support to customers via phone. They are committed to making a difference through every customer experience.
As a leader in insurance, MetLife never underestimates the significance of the impact made by associates. We are the country s number one underwriter of employer-sponsored programs, as well as one of the largest providers of personal lines, auto, homeowners and related insurance. How do we do it? Our associates, of course!
To enhance your success and engagement from day one and throughout your career, we provide numerous benefits including, but most definitely, not limited to:
- Paid training
- Dental, medical & life insurance
- Retirement plans including 401(k)
- Paid time off
- Paid overtime
- Programs designed to strengthen and reward your performance
Our Customer Care Advocates handles inbound customer service inquiries via telephone and resolves complex customer issues. The successful candidate will leverage effective listening skills, diligence, strong noetic curiosity, and an honest desire to be effective and ensure each customer experience is exceptional. With an understanding of the customers needs and wants, and a focus on delivering solutions that meet those needs, you will deliver a service experience that exceeds expectations and makes it easy for customers to do business with us.
- Virtual roles work from a home office with periodic visits to the assigned GCSO office as needed for team events, meetings, training, business continuity, etc.
- Respond to customer requests via telephone, providing excellent service to MetLife s customers who have insurance or other financial service products or benefit plans and providing solutions that best meet the customer s needs.
- Research requests regarding various product aspects, policy provisions, claim status, basic procedures, etc.
- Efficiently process transactions and refer requests for other policy modifications to appropriate areas. Track responses to ensure completion.
- Enhance and strengthen the relationship between the customer and MetLife using effective communication skills, active listening skills and empathy.
- Support special product and/or service campaigns as needed, or if solicited by the customer.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- New hires should live a commutable distance from the site the role is posted in.
- An ability to work an 8-hour shift during the hours of operation of 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. EST Monday Friday; must be flexible regarding the ability to work overtime & shift worked, which may change based on business needs.
- 2 + years of customer service experience.
- High School diploma, GED
- Some college experience, trade, or professional certification.
- Insurance or Financial Services industry experience or Product specific experience.
- Prior Call Center experience is highly preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to quickly learn and continuously develop functional knowledge and an understanding of company products as well as administrative, claims, underwriting and marketing functions.
- Strong computer/keyboard skills as well as analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Superb listening skills and professional oral & written communication skills with an ability to inspire trust and accountability though an empathetic communication style which promotes a quality image of MetLife.
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we are leading the global transformation of an industry we ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine s 2021 list of the World s Most Admired Companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage for applicants for this position is $41,600.00 per year. This role is also eligible for annual short-term incentive compensation. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.