Sr. Data Analyst
Our beloved client is looking for a new voice within their team. A Sr. Data Analyst to engage business teams to understand business challenges, define analytics questions and apply analysis techniques to generate data deliverables including interactive reports and dashboards. The ideal candidate can work closely with Data Engineering and Analytics Teams to deliver on key analytics projects. This will include data provisioning, exploratory data analysis, data visualization, and in some instances, machine learning and statistical modeling.
- Champion the analytics process from business understanding, data understanding, data preparation, data modeling, evaluation, and deployment; lead by example and by training business stakeholders with varying technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Design, enable and maintain trustee reporting, executive scorecards and cross-functional tactical reports on the Plans enterprise analytics platform.
- Drive the adoption self-service analytics through the analytics platform for operational reporting across multiple departments including Finance Accounting, Participant Services, Eligibility, Claims and Pension departments.
- Explore external industry data to source pertinent data required for modeling purposes.
- Continuously advance your skills in par with the industry and those of others on the team through discussions, work assignments, training and mentoring.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics, Advanced Analytics or other related fields as well as equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years in a quantitative data analytics role with emphasis on data preparation, analysis and presentation
- Experience working with databases, SQL and at least one programming language such as Python, along with statistical and mathematical algorithms to help build models.
- Previous work experience in the Healthcare industry preferred. Competencies
- Customer focus – Gains insight into customer needs; identifies opportunities that benefit the customer; builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations; establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Decision quality Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information; relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions; considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles; recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
- Communicates effectively Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels; attentively listens to others; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization; encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Ensures accountability follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same; acts with a clear sense of ownership; takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures; establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Instills trust follows through on commitments; is seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; practices what he/she preaches; shows consistency between words and actions.
- Strong ability to blend and wrangle data, create data sets to be used as a basis for analysis.
- Proficiency in using enterprise analytics platforms, data visualization tools Tableau, Alteryx, ThoughtSpot, Business Intelligence solutions or equivalent. Experience with programming in Python is preferred.
- Knowledge of relational DBMS, specifically Oracle, and ability to script and execute SQL queries.
- Understanding of the principles and tools of statistical analysis and machine learning is a plus.
- Ability to frame unstructured, complex analytical problems, draw answers from the data and present analyses to stakeholders in a succinct and understandable manner.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we’ve partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it’s not just the work that we do; it’s how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at – www.consultnet.com
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=65eec3e59e3da3ec8541eb825&ri=98b72234678d43f9a5020dd19ed6dba1&job_loc=Burbank%2CCA&q=Data+Analyst&spl=6d327349696156706635565a386f4a563a4d6c63746c717036647848756468384c62394f4b73513d3d3a324f756148456c7674646a6c66486b417950317944306d664f65444b574a374b4a425971683264644e48686b4a6931664439566f614d2f447048357651726c4251656241773173424f4b6d3350744b727659386d7648776d6c565272627731783469536256314c5975335a6a4b675a3378432b6c6b396c74&encrypt=0&query_category_id=400000→