Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Comemake an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.(sm)
The Data Analyst position will be a key team member on the Clinical Performance (CP) Quality Vendor Performance Management team. This team supports all Optum Care Delivery Organizations (CDOs) in meeting their quality performance measure goals, especially as it relates to the Medicare Advantage Stars program. This team will leverage new and existing vended solutions to address market needs.
Youll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Interfacing with other Optum or UHC stakeholders to develop cross-functional views of performance by measure or by CDO; analyzing program outcomes for insights/trends re target audience
- Collecting/aggregating/analyzing quality vendor programs data against contracted performance measures or service level agreements (SLAs)
- Trending program performance data against established goals or benchmarks; data visualization for CDOs and CP leaders, and for vendor reviews
- Management and manipulation of mostly structured data, with a focus on building business intelligence tools, conducting analysis to distinguish patterns and recognize trends, performing normalization operations and assuring data quality
- Partner with stakeholders to understand data requirements and develop tools and models such as segmentation, dashboards, data visualizations, decision aids and business case analysis to support the organization
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience querying, gathering and analyzing data
- Experience analyzing healthcare data
- Tableau experience
- Experience developing dashboards/new tools
- Experience in maintaining motivation to accomplish goals under stringent timelines required
- Intermediate to Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in SQL, SAS, and other analytic and statistical software
- Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare plans; plan incentives; financial impacts
- Knowledge and experience with HEDIS/STAR performance measures
- Experience with population health initiatives and monitoring/reporting/analyzing program data
- Experience with performance guarantee or SLA measures
- Client Facing experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities with special attention to accuracy and detail
- Proven ability to successfully conceptualize an initiative, develop a plan and execute the plan through implementation
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, youll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=65e1f9ebc89da3ec85b24b675&ri=98b7ce4e752d4c8383b073d69e992fcf&job_loc=Los+Angeles%2CCA&q=Data+Analyst&spl=6d6e4748782b433174673039317557343a645643766e56446e437172392b752b777367726c44673d3d3a752b486e783354764f424161322f44526f5130674b6d4146686b4a764a4f6d4a6a66624645396f484d504a6962523772694e677541416d7a4b4534315a647a714267786971625562586c5374686c78767747417a334236716a504c67354b71562f524c7a69392b4c6947616858645a4f563579306f4f553361773d3d&encrypt=0&query_category_id=400000→