This role offers a hybrid work schedule; offering the flexibility to work remotely two days a week, while providing the opportunity for in-person collaboration.
**This position is available in either Buffalo, NY or Wilmington, DE.**
About the Team
Our team is on a mission of unleashing the power of data to support decision making. Our team builds enduring data products, provides platforms to access & derive insights from data, enables confidence in decision making with appropriate data governance, delivers actionable insights through use of data science and activates value for the business by innovatively solving problems with data. We love translating data, insights, and anecdotes into action, we operate with a sense of urgency, have a startup mentality, build data analytic products at scale, and innovate solutions on behalf of our customers. We work hard but value the need for downtime to unplug and recharge. We embrace our differences and view them as a key driver of innovation. We are Data@M&T
About the Role
- As a Data Analyst, you will be a part of an agile team obsessed with delivering innovation and tasked with creating a best-in-class Commercial Data Asset
- You will help our Enterprise Commercial Data team identify, source, develop and test commercial data that enables our data users to derive better strategic insights, improve the Commercial business partners’ experience.
- You will be assigned to an agile development team that will allow you to develop a deep knowledge of multiple bank applications, bank systems and business processes.
- You will refine data requirements, identify data sources, design & validate data objects, and enhance the Commercial CEF Data Platform.
- You will help to identify and compile data sets using a variety of tools including SQL or other querying tools.
- You will translate user stories and business requirements into technical requirements.
- You will profile and review mapping and design for the Data Engineers / Data Developers.
- You will coordinate with our business stakeholders to create and execute User Acceptance test plans and scripts to test the results and acquire business stakeholder approvals.
- You will evaluate, identify, and investigate data issues to ensure quality of our central data product.
- You will participate in creating data quality rules.
- You will participate in agile sprint planning, daily stand-ups, backlog refinement, development demos with business partners and sprint retrospectives.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years related experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 7 years higher education and/ or work experience, including a minimum of 3 years related experience
- Intermediate skills in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Basic knowledge of statistics, data science techniques and tools
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of the types of issues data can have
- Basic knowledge of data management
- Working knowledge of Agile Methodology
- Strong collaboration with agile colleagues
- Knowledge of Finance and Profitability Data
- Understands governance policies and validates that the policies are implemented as part of their data work activities.
- Experience remediating data issues
- Basic knowledge of assigned domain products, systems, and workflows
- Data classification and privacy experience
At M&T Tech, we’re a team of makers, doers, and builders, working to create the most advanced technology solutions in banking. We’re not your stereotypical suit and tie bankers: We’re an innovative team of leading tech experts, pushing boundaries, and taking risks. We’re building an agile team of the most skilled and creative, workers to solve complex problems, architecting solutions, writing high-performance software, and charting our new path, all to make the lives of our customers, and the communities that we serve, better. Join us and be part of something new as we build tomorrow’s bank, today.
M&T Bank is a Top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing and financial stable regional banks in the country, we offer our technology employees a wide range of performance-based career development opportunities. We have a strong commitment to our customers and the communities we serve, and we continue to grow with a focus on the future. So, when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. Grow with us.
We support our team members with generous benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, welfare, and retirement benefits
- 401(k) match at 5%
- Work-life balance and flexible work arrangements
- Banking Officers start with 25 days PTO plus 12 paid holidays
#DataAnalyst #DataAnalysis #CommercialData #DataProduct #DataAsset #Metadata #DataClassification
Buffalo, New York, United States of America