SB Clinical Practice Management
Data Analyst I – Stony Brook CPMP Finance
Location: East Setauket, NY (At the manager’s discretion, position is eligible for our hybrid work model)
Schedule: Full time
Days/Hours: Monday – Friday; 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Salary Range: $66,691-$86,712 (pay will be determined based on experience, preferred qualifications, and education)
Our compensation philosophy aims to provide marketable compensation programs and to compensate employees based on relevant experience and education. Individual compensation discussions begin during the hiring process and may occur during job review and promotional opportunities. Salaries vary depending on experience, education and current market for the position. Human Resources determines the external and internal equitable salary for each employee.
SUMMARY: The Data Analyst I will work collaboratively with users of clinical information systems on the compilation, analysis and dissemination of reports related to finance, quality, patient access, and other healthcare economic related requests. This includes coordinating and facilitating all aspects of planning, evaluation and development, reporting, problem resolution and solution to underlying business issues and objectives.
Job Duties & Essential Functions:
- Use appropriate data source and preferred use of reporting software (GE/IDX, Cerner, Business Intelligence software, SQL).
- Experience utilizing advanced Excel skills, including ability to design reports, import and export data, link multiple worksheets and/or files using key fields and to manipulate data to create key fields in cases where none exist.
- Assist with analyzing, displaying and customizing reporting data in formats such as dashboards, scorecards, visualizations, and development of new reports.
- Validate data and report back to Data Reporting Supervisor/Manager.
- Assist with analysis of existing ongoing reports and modify to improve the daily, monthly and quarterly process with the guidance of the Data Reporting Supervisor.
- Perform quality review on dashboard reports. Make changes to dashboard reports as needed.
- Establish and assist with security around physician and administrator access to website dashboard portal. Troubleshoot portal issues and recommend solutions.
- Possess the ability to think creatively and independently to solve problems and work with data reporting staff in organizing data, creating/managing reports, and data analysis.
- Will use reports to aid business decisions supporting departments/administration and other key stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field: Business, Health Care Administration, Finance, Computing Science, Information Technology or a closely related field. In lieu of Bachelors Degree, Associates Degree in relevant field plus an additional 2 years of data analysis experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Understanding and experience working with complex data sets.
- Experience with visualization/analysis software.
- Experience in healthcare setting.
- Experience in the use of relational and experience in Structured Query Language (SQL).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with patients, staff and medical providers. The employee must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. This position is active and requires the employee to constantly move about in the office to assist patients, staff and medical providers. Any additional physical demands will be outlined and provided by management.
The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this job description are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of CPMP.
CPMP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CPMP expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of CPMPs employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.