About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Manager to lead the Data Center, Workforce Mgmt, & Mainframe Data Center Exits team. The Senior Manager will build and lead a team of Technical Delivery Managers accountable for leading exits from legacy sites and platforms to the new data center portfolio and building our core infrastructure components required for shared service that will support workload migrations. This role will lead a horizontal team of technical delivery experts to identify & plan, Mainframe, Workforce Management, and Core Infrastructure Services migrations and new site builds by partnering with adjacent teams to support new build and migration activities. This will include Mainframe migrations inclusive of DASD, Tape and identifying application dependencies, building out Workforce Management core infrastructure supporting email and collaboration, and migrating end user services to new sites. This role will lead a horizontal team of technical delivery experts to identify, plan, and execute exits to the Mainframe, Private Cloud, IaaS, and Physical servers by collaborating with the Cloud Migration Factory, CIO Sector teams, Application Development, Cyber Security, & Compute Engineering and Operations on workload migrations. Horizontal alignment and coordination across CIO Organizations/Lines of Business, Cyber Security, Compute, Network, Storage and Third Parties is essential and required. The selected candidate will have deep vertical expertise in Mainframe, Compute, Cyber and Network as well as efficiencies with Azure and Google technologies. Detailed assessment of the legacy application portfolio will be completed in collaboration with the Horizontal functions as the exit plan is defined and finalized. The team will plan and execute the exits with precision and no unplanned business interruption.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success leading complex Data Center exit or similar initiatives for large financial services firms. The Senior Manager will collaborate and influence across stakeholders: Technology CIO, CTO, and Line of Business (LOB) Senior Managers & Individual contributors, architecture leaders, and engineering leaders in the Application Development, Cyber, Operations, and CTO organizations. The ability to persuade Managers, and individual contributors and the courage to have direct conversations is essential. Building and maintaining relationships is a critical success factor for the role.
In this role you will:
- Manage buildout of Core infrastructure across new TX & VA data centers
- Accountable for implementation, testing and turnover of shared services and sub-system platforms as part of new site provisioning
- Plan, manage and deliver mainframe migrations.
- Mainframe migrations will require unchanged network addressing, significant DASD and Tape grid replication and incorporating distributed applications, B2Bs and firewalls.
- Plan desktop and collaboration migrations into new sites and adhering to off-prem strategy (O365).
- Assess multi-tenancy apps, ensure necessary resilience and capacity is built in target sites. Requires approach for applications and shared services.
- Leverage site design for improved resilience and higher levels of workload (increased densification on host platforms)
- Manage and develop a highly specialized Technology team and managers with focus on delivering moderate to high complexity service for cross functional stakeholders and internal partners associated with the functional area or who are affected by its outcomes
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and risk control development by utilizing research and data in addition to in depth understanding of organizational goals, priorities, and technology while developing executable strategies and plans
- Lead Technology Business Services team by making strategic decisions to resolve highly complex issues to meet high risk deliverables
- Interpret and develop range of policies and procedures for technology business functions with moderate to high level of complexity and risk
- Collaborate with and influence all levels of professionals including technology industry leaders, financial industry leaders, analysts, and regulators, as well as interact directly with more experienced leadership and executive management
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Technology Business Services
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy
- Manage a team of engineering managers and engineering leads
- Focus on delivering commitments aligned to enterprise strategic priorities
- Build support for strategies with business and technology leaders
- Guide development of actionable roadmaps and plans
- Identify opportunities and strategies for continuous improvement of software engineering practices
- Identify financial management and strategic resourcing
- Set risk management guidelines and partner with stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives
- Develop strategies for hiring engineering talent
- Lead implementation of projects and encourage engineering innovation
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including more experienced managers
- Lead team to achieve objectives
- Interface with external agencies, regulatory bodies or industry forums
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Technology Strategic Leadership
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy
- Build and manage Wells Fargo Mainframe and Mainframe Data Center Exits team
- Manage with Product Owners, target data center landing zone infrastructure builds. Ensure Wells technology standards, design principles, and architecture standards are followed.
- As part of exit preparation, ensure necessary Security and Cyber guardrails are in place, validated, and tested prior to exit.
- Build detailed exit plans working with Project Managers, Product Owners, and Application teams.
- Execute modernization and exit plans from legacy technologies.
- Develop and maintain an integrated exit, build, and exit roadmap with execution schedules.
- Mitigate risks associated with dependencies and ensure proper sequencing of events. Manage risk according to Wells Fargo’s Risk Management policies and processes.
- 8+ years of Technology Strategic Leadership experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of software and/or engineering and/or operational experience
- 10+ years of large scale enterprise data center and/or application exit experience
- 10+ years of Infrastructure Services experience (compute, network, storage, firewall)
- 8+ years leadership in a hosting environment, especially in a large financial institution
- 8+ years of delivery experience with a proven track record of success
- Effective communication of complex topics to customers and/or business executives
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and relationship building skills
- Experience with Agile practices
- Proficient with regulatory and auditor collaboration
- Ability to make decisions quickly in a high-volume hosting environment
- Ability to solve complex problems and analyze issues
- Ability to drive flawless execution
$144,400.00 – $300,000.00 Annual
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits – Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.