KAYGEN is an emerging leader in providing top talent for technology based staffing services. We specialize in providing high-volume contingent staffing, direct hire staffing and project based solutions to companies worldwide ranging from startups to Fortune 500 and Managed Service Providers (MSP) across a wide variety of industries
The Data Management Analyst independently performs support for the day-to-day operations in setting up accurate and timely security master reference data for all investment products. This position will require a broad functional understanding of domestic and global securities (fixed income and equities) including complex structured fixed income products as well as exchanged-traded and over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives. The Analyst should be familiar with system architecture, data flow, security attributes and workflow to support the Security Master.
This position will work closely with the Investment Management teams, and will liaise with other key groups within the firm, including Risk Management, Investment Compliance, Settlements, Derivative Operations, Information Technology and Portfolio Reconciliation.
- Responsible for the timely set-up of all securities purchased by the investment teams.
- Monitor assets in DQM from the compliance/trading system (CRD) and proprietary order management system (TES) to ensure data quality real-time.
- Support the security maintenance on all securities to ensure accuracy and timely completion at initial set-up and perform ongoing data quality on all held assets.
- Support the daily identification, classification and processing of Liquidity and Ratings alerts.
- Track and enrich securities that require manual updates; develop data sources and perform timely maintenance to enable accurate data output for Operations teams.
- Support the processing, validation and research of security master attributes for stakeholders across the organization including Investment Management, Investment Compliance, Client Service, Settlements and Portfolio Reconciliation to assist in proper securities classification administration and monitoring.
- Assist and complete asset set-up / audit for new account in-kind funding and Corporate Actions.
- Serve as company-wide resource for data inquiries; research asset discrepancies and defaulted securities by using Bloomberg, contacting Trustees, and communicating with brokers and vendors.
- Interface with Bloomberg and Data License/Bloomberg on data issues and research.
- Perform analysis that include cleansing, transforming, validating and modeling data for improving data quality, design and presentation.
- Participate in special projects including research and analysis for systems enhancements, automation, and efficiencies as requested by management, and testing of systems and tools for enhancement and regression functionality.
- Create, update and enhance written procedures and other departmental documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or a similar field
- 3-5 years of experience performing similar duties in managing financial information for the security master and/or related data, preferably at a buy-side firm
- Asset management industry experience with broad understanding of trading processes and associated data management needs
- Experience in maintaining data, defining operational processes, and partnering across departments
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, peers and management
- Maintain a positive attitude and flexibility to do whatever needed to get the job done
- Ability to prioritize and complete concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Solid working knowledge of equity and fixed income securities – domestic and global assets, including sovereign, asset-backed, mortgage-backed, corporates, bank loans, swaps, futures, and options
- Rigorous attention to detail; extreme accuracy with numerical calculations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent research skills, resourceful and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and comfortable presenting information clearly to internal and external counterparts
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, SQL, Word, Power Point, and Bloomberg/Bloomberg API
- SQL exposure
- Using any Portfolio Management System (Example: CRD, Eagle, Aladdin)
Looking for Data Management Professionals having experience with Asset Management