Plano Donor Center – Plano, TX
Donor Center Specific
The Phlebotomist 1 position provides a vital link in the procurement of a safe quality blood product. Essential functions of the Phlebotomist 1 are to assist in smooth and efficient donor flow, to determine donor acceptability, to perform sterile venipuncture, collection of blood products, provide excellent customer service and ensure compliance with regulations and standard operating procedures throughout the entire donation process.
Regular full time attendance is required during operational hours
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some college a plus
- 6 months to 1 year of general work experience, or education in medical field that includes comparable experience, such as an internship or externship
- Customer service experience required. Intern and/or externship experience will satisfy this requirement
- Previous blood banking experience or medical field experience a plus
- Prefer background in a highly regulated industry
- Bilingual skills and CDL driver a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Computer knowledge
- Excellent customer service
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Self-motivated and positive with ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere
- Detail-oriented in regards to document review (completeness, accurate, and legibly written), able to prioritize, and manage multiple tasks
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter Bloodcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Carter Bloodcare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.