HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital
This position is incentive eligible.
**10k sign on bonus available**
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Director Case Management opening with HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Director Case Management for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Facility Case Management Director has the overall responsibility for managing and coordinating department activities. The Director ensures staff compliance with organizational policies and external regulatory agencies and takes leadership responsibility to coordinate the integration of the department’s patient care and discharge planning processes with related hospital departments and external agencies to ensure continuity of care and optimal clinical resource utilization. The Director has oversight for all aspects of daily hospital case management operations and is accountable for achieving established outcomes through actively engaging interdisciplinary teams and external stakeholders. The Director is a registered nurse with twenty-four hour (24) seven responsibility for all operational aspects of the Department. This position requires an executive presence and possess excellent communication and presentation skills, proven motivational capabilities, and a demonstrated accomplishment record of delivering results and attaining goals. This position is a subject matter expert in case management that requires solid leadership, trust building, team building, as well as change management skills to ensure success of the department and case management initiatives. This position requires an individual who is a self-starter and has the ability to manage multiple priorities, work with minimal supervision on projects and activities, and demonstrate tact and diplomacy in situations of conflict and controversy. This individual must be able to adapt quickly to change and coordinate efforts across multiple stakeholders.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including the case management model, staffing (skill mix and FTEs), use of information technologies, onboarding, and staff competencies to achieve performance and quality objectives.
- Allocates resources to effectively staff department and meet productivity and quality goals.
- Responsible for oversight of CM core functions and practice.
- Ensures the adherence to care coordination and discharge planning processes, ensuring timeliness, quality, and proper documentation.
- Works with the Facility CFO and Division CM Leader to achieve established goals and expectations.
- Assesses and improves the department s performance by evaluating operational processes, monitoring performance through analyzing data, and implementing sustainable performance improvement activities.
- Ensuring compliance with policies and SOP.
- Establish working relationships with key stakeholders to include CMO, CNO, ancillary service leaders, Ethics & Compliance, and Legal. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Practices and adheres to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statement.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree Nursing, required
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Health Administration, or Business Administration, preferred
- 3+ years overall acute care HCM
- 2+ years in case management leadership
“Across HCA Healthcare s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow.”– Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Director Case Management opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.