Refresco North America
Make a Difference in YOUR Career!
Our vision is both simple and ambitious: to put our drinks on every table.
We are the leading global independent beverage solutions provider. We serve a broad range of national and international retailers as well as Global, National and Emerging (GNE) brands. Our products are distributed worldwide from our production sites in Europe, North America, and Australia. Although our own branding may not appear on the labels of the beverages we produce, there is a good chance you are reading this while sipping one of our drinks.
Our ambition is to continually improve and it s what keeps us at the top of our game. We are solutions-based. We are innovative. We seek out new challenges and conquer them. This is our company ethos, but it s our people s too: Refresco is at the cutting edge of a fast-moving industry because we have passionate people pushing the boundaries of what s best.
Stop and think: how would YOU put our drinks on every table?
The Director, Health and Safety promotes, mentors and provides leadership for ensuring a safe and healthy work environment and regulatory compliance across Refresco Beverages North American Business Unit (consisting of 20+ manufacturing facilities across the US and Canada). Serves as a subject matter expert in industry standards, best practices, and regulatory compliance of multiple safety, wellness and environmental programs. Researches applicable regulations, laws, codes, and industry standards to develop standards that are based on best practices, to meet or exceed all applicable compliance standards. This position oversees, develops, and implements safety, industrial hygiene, and hazardous waste programs and strategies to ensure a safe and accident-free work environment. Provides strategic directions and initiatives for safety and environmental compliance by analyzing and addressing root causes while reducing corporate liabilities and costs. This position ensures regulatory compliance, accident prevention and after-injury management. Develops an audit process to gauge the site’s level of adherence to the applicable standards.
- Responsible for safety and industrial hygiene plans, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with local, State, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations in the US as well coordinating with our Canadian team on the Canadian Health and Safety regulations. Maintains a system for reporting, monitoring, and correcting serious safety problems.
- Educate the organization on Safety best practices, prevention and how to work around/with hazardous substances.
- Develops and implements training programs that will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote safety consciousness.
- Drives implementation of strategic safety initiatives to achieve corporate safety objectives; identifies elements of change required to support the safety strategy; encourages management team to balance short-term demands with long-term benefits of strategic safety programs; and inspires commitment and involvement with safety objectives and programs.
- Create, promote and enforce our Refresco Minimum Safety Standards.
- Drive safety initiatives, which reduce incident rates while also reducing company costs (e.g., amount of workers compensation, etc.); establishes order of priority for safety initiatives and drives their implementation in cooperation with other leaders and associates in the organization.
- As a key leader on the Refresco Beverage NABU Executive Safety Committee, establishes specific safety and health goals and objectives for the company and departments ensuring the targets are consistent with corporate strategies and objectives.
- Serves as our EHS subject matter expert across the Company, acts as a liaison between applicable regulatory and government agencies and files/posts or ensures we are in compliance with reports as required by external legal and convening agencies such as OSHA 300/300A Logs, SARA Tier II Reports, etc.
- Formulates, maintains and executes REFRESCO emergency plans and responds to safety and employee emergencies.
- Develops, implements and oversees processes, procedures and systems to ensure all significant near misses, injuries, and safety events are investigated and abatement measures implemented.
- Ensures the company monitors and controls industrial hygiene, which relates to the long-term effects of factors such as chemical exposure, noise, lighting, heat, and humidity.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities for a small team in accordance with the organization’s principles, policies and applicable laws.
- Participate in Safety and Environmental seminars and reviews literature to understand trends in the industry.
- Demonstrates commitment to and follows all company policies, ergonomic standards and safety requirements from OSHA, Refresco and the location as well as Federal and State regulations which includes the ability to ensure compliance with safety rules and regulations regarding lockout/tag out, hot work, fall protection etc.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor s Degree in Safety Engineering or related discipline required.
- Ten (10) plus years of leadership experience applying safety and wellness and DOT regulations and programs in a manufacturing environment. Experience supporting safety in multi-site locations, including strategy and implementation
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) strongly preferred. Experience with Behavioral Observation.
- Strong background in ergonomic risk reduction.
- Experience with hazardous waste regulations.
- Ability to research and apply regulations.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately imperative.
- Proven ability to develop safety as part of the Company culture.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to positively and comfortably handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing, high-growth work environment with focused attention for detail.
- Ability to uphold Safety standards, participate in Continuous Process Improvement on the job, and follow our Manufacturing best practices.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
- Must be able to travel, work in a team environment, work a flexible schedule as required, and adhere to and explain Refresco policies and procedures. Ability to be on call 24/7 for emergencies.
A Career with Refresco
Refresco offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, which include:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Well-being benefits
- Discount programs
Join Refresco TODAY and enjoy a rewarding CAREER!
Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits a r sum to this career site or a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant’s r sum will become the property of Refresco Beverages, Inc. Refresco Beverages, Inc. will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity.
Employment agencies that have agreements with Refresco Beverages, Inc., and have been engaged in a search shall submit r sum to the designated Refresco recruiter or, upon authorization, submit r sum to this career site to be eligible for placement fees.