Job Description & Requirements
Director of Genetics in New York
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center (Roswell Park) seeks an Assistant or Associate Professor for its Clinical Genetics Department to lead a large Comprehensive Cancer Center’s clinical, educational, and research missions. Roswell Park is a Public Benefit Corporation formed by New York State in 1999 that operates a $1 billion nationally ranked NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in Buffalo, NY. The very first institute in the US devoted 100% to cancer care, Roswell Park has a plethora of resources to support a variety of interests in clinical medicine, education, and almost any type of cancer research. Candidates must be board-eligible or board-certified by the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics.
- Opportunity to grow a clinical genetics program with the support and resources of an NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center
- The clinical genetics program has the potential for high growth in an untapped service area that includes Northwestern New York
- Program is presently staffed with three board-certified genetic counselors and services the patients of Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, the city of Buffalo, and Northwestern New York
- Opportunity to develop an aggressive clinical practice and to collaborate with other departments within Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center for clinical research
- Program has a depository of 20+ years of clinical genetics data
- Protected time available for your specific research interests
- Work at the nation’s first Comprehensive Cancer Center
- A competitive salary, bonus, and comprehensive benefits will be offered to the selected candidate
- Opportunity to work alongside other world-class Physician Scientists who are pushing the science of cancer care, cancer prevention, and cancer survivorship into the future
Live and work in the heart of a thriving medical corridor in a city that has undergone a significant transformation, building on its waterfront on the shores of Lake Erie. You’ll enjoy historic architecture; affordable, charming, tree-lined neighborhoods; and proximity to Canada and the Toronto metropolitan area.
- World-renowned symphony orchestra, excellent art gallery, and dozens of universities and colleges, with national and international connections facilitated through the Buffalo Niagara International Airport
- A cost of living nearly 12% lower than the national average
- Excellent public and private schools
- Major league sports town with NFL and NHL teams
- An abundance of outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, paddle boating, and golfing
- Buffalo has an overall grade of A- (Niche)
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Medical Genetics, Genetics, Hereditary Disorders