Established by chef and founder David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar, Momofuku has grown to include restaurants in New York City, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles; spit-roasted meats (Bng Bar); and a growing consumer packaged goods business (Momofuku Goods). The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting local, sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
Majordomo is a California restaurant from Momofuku inspired by the diverse culinary offerings of Los Angeles. It features a Chef’s counter, bar, private dining room, and heated patio with artwork by James Jean and David Choe.
The Momofuku Dishwasher will work to help the BOH to execute smooth service through dish and equipment upkeep. The ideal candidate will be excited to be a part of the team and to uphold the Momofuku standards and values.
Compensation Band: $16. 00 – $18.
00 an hour plus 3% service charge
At Momofuku, we value our team members and make it a priority to offer competitive compensation packages that encourage longevity with the company and long-term growth. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vision/dental/medical, 401k, paid time off, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, and dining discounts, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our team members to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
* Wash all dishes and cooking equipment in a timely manner during and between restaurant services
* Clean cooking stations and equipment to help expedite service
* Follow warning labels, directions, and food safety procedures
* Clean and maintain FOH areas if requested by supervisor
* Maintain open and effective communication with BOH team and FOH team
* Uphold a high standard of cleanliness of any BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
* Participate in deep cleaning of BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
* Assist in other BOH areas as needed including but not limited to basic food preparation
* Support other team members and foster a positive work environment
* A positive and enthusiastic attitude, as well as a desire to learn, grow, and develop new skills
* Ability to work in an environment with wet floors, extreme temperatures and loud noise
* Ability to remain calm under pressure
* Willing to accept guidance in a positive manner and implement the direction in a way that is productive for both you and the team
* Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time
* 2+ years of experience in a Dishwasher, Porter, or similar role role at a moderate to high volume restaurant
* A proven track record of dependability and a continuous focus on learning and development
* The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers.
This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.