Employee Relations Investigator [HYBRID]* Job ID: 71042412* Job Family: Human Resources* Location: Rosemead, CA US* Other Locations:* Salary: 102,800-154,200Non-RepresentedThis base pay range is for a pay grade that encompasses this position and a variety of other positions at the company. The pay offered to the successful candidate may vary depending on the position and multiple individualized factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Represented IBEW Local 47This pay range represents the rates of pay for step 1 to the maximum step for this position. The pay range and the specific pay for the successful candidate are determined in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement between Southern California Edison Company and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 47.
Job DescriptionJoin the Clean Energy RevolutionBecome an Employee Relations Investigator at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will investigate complex and non-complex cases related to work environment, leadership behavior, performance, as well as harassment, discrimination, conflicts of interest, and retaliation. You will provide recommendations to all levels of leadership regarding remedial and/or corrective actions resulting from investigations conducted by ER, Ethics, and/or Corporate Security in accordance with applicable CA state and Federal laws, and SCE policies. You will also be responsible for providing coaching and guidance to employees and leaders at all levels including executives pertaining to concerns that have been submitted.
You will ascertain and analyze complex cases and situations to determine and provide the appropriate recommendation(s) to address the issue(s). In addition, you will be responsible for work environment reviews, conflict resolution, mediation, and training on the corrective action process as applicable. As an Investigator, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future.
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright.
* Conduct a broad spectrum of investigations.
* Handle complex investigations that involve significant concerns including the investigation of all levels of executives, Sr. Leadership, management, and employees that include and is not limited to regulatory, financial, and accounting issues with minimal direction.
* Define, strategize, and plan the scope of the investigation and identify the initial list of individuals to interview including witnesses, affected parties, reporting parties and subject(s). Prior to each investigation, you will determine all applicable parties.
* Review and identify applicable codes, laws, and policies based on the investigation plan.
* Conduct interviews with the reporting party, subject, affected parties, and witnesses.
Review pertinent and applicable documents, forensic data, and capture the relevant facts to reach an investigatory conclusion.
* Review historical investigations from multiple sources including Report of Investigations from Ethics, Corporate Security etc. and background of prior/similar cases, policies, and corrective action guidelines to identify trends, specific circumstances, mitigating, and aggravating factors.
* Partner with assigned Operating Unit (OU) to provide accurate and timely briefings to senior management and executive leadership regarding the results of the various investigations and any proposed corrective actions.
As appropriate, partners with the HR Business Partner during management briefings.
* Conduct 30, 60 or 90-day follow-up plan with the OU for improvement and sustainability within the work environment.
* Draft well written and comprehensive Reports of Investigation that contain factual, fair, and objective support for any conclusions and recommended corrective actions reached in the investigation. QualificationsThe essentials* Seven or more years of experience as a HR Generalist.
* At least five years of experience in Employee Relations.
* Experience working with employment state/federal laws & regulations. The preferred* Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration, or related field.
* The ability to interact and provide coaching and guidance to employees, leadership, up to and including all executive levels.
* Strong understanding, accuracy, and ability to evaluate and review pertinent documents, forensic data, policies, laws, and assess relevant facts to reach an investigatory conclusion.
* Cultivate a strong client oriented service rapport with internal/external partners that is based on a high level of collaboration and inclusion.
* Support a fair and inclusive work environment that safeguards the company’s employment brand by ensuring that employee and company interests are handled in a consistent manner. You should know* This position’s work mode is hybrid.
The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
* Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more.
* The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA.
* Relocation does not apply to this position. Testing* This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Reference our Information Guides for the following tests: Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test #8203).
Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position. About Southern California EdisonThe people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet.
Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world. At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) ###-####. #LI-MM1
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=64c0412bc31da3ec97a9c7675&ri=98b5731f207f4fada436154db1c897d5&job_loc=Rosemead%2CCA&q&spl=74526e68617571704b42747a6d7545363a6e4773534c6e376964514b455463434a744c324738513d3d3a42423157666f724e344e365655664f306577634f46627136647064547942516933397a30597062736e55586c764a69616f7a4c664c354e676a4f6e45374e546f672b336e715053504745556475797176334a7953666372506e7651307469766558334578686c4746776267454d7556352b717438417548727462754d4178626565545056554a784969416f6c6a4f7a75&encrypt=0&l=United+States→