Northwest Texas Healthcare System
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is a 495 bed system serving the city of Amarillo and the
surrounding region. We offer the ideal combination of traditional values and the most advanced
technologies in healthcare, plus the conveniences of big city living in a friendly, smaller-town
atmosphere. From the beauty of Palo Duro Canyon and great recreational facilities, to our quality
educational system, Amarillo is a great place to live and work.
A hospital is only as good as its employees. That’s why we’re looking for professionals who are
dedicated and passionate about their work. We’re looking for employees who can add to our culture of
exemplary patient care and personal excellence. We’re looking for exceptional professionals who share
our vision and values.
Visit us online at:
JOB TITLE: FOOD SERVICE WORKER / AMBASSADOR
The Food Service Worker position is responsible for the delivery and service of patient meals,
sanitation in food service department including, dish washing, cart washing, pots and pan washing and emptying of trash.
Follows strict sanitation guidelines set up by the State of Texas Health Department.
1. Delivers food trays to patient s room, and provides service to include: pouring of beverages, removing
plastic covering from food, and setting the food tray so that the patient is able to reach and eat the food.
2. Check patient trays before leaving the kitchen area to assure that all items ordered are on the tray. No
more than one error per day is accepted.
3. Gather and deliver floor stock. Rotate stock when putting away in the refrigerator on the nurse unit.
Discard any out dated products.
4. Washes dishes, pans, and utensils for patients, cafeteria and catering.
5. Sanitizes patient s carts daily.
6. Empties trash in the food service area.
7. Assures that the Dietary Department meets the State, Medicare, The Joint Commission and other
8. Regularly attends and actively participates in department meetings.
9. Other duties assigned
Challenging and rewarding work environment
Competitive Compensation and Generous Paid Time Off
Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
Retention Bonus Program
Loan forgiveness Program
HRSA STAR Loan Repayment site. In exchange for 6-year commitment, earn up to
$250,000 in loan reimbursement.
One of the nation s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health
Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its
inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $13.4 billion in 2022. During the year,
UHS was again recognized as one of the World s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and listed in Forbes ranking
of America s Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has approximately 94,000
employees and continues to grow through its subsidiaries. Operating acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities,
outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related
services located all over the U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
1. High school graduate or GED preferred.
2. Must successfully complete the pre-employment assessment.
3. Prefer successful completion of Step One of the Certified Dietary Manager course, The Food Service Worker.
4. Must be able to read and comprehend.
5. Typing and basic computer skills preferred.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
1. Ability to read and write English.
2. Ability to communicate with staff, physicians, support agencies, vendors, and others.
3. Ability to remain calm under stress.
4. Bending, kneeling, crouching, twisting, lifting (10-30 lbs), grasping, fine hand/eye coordination, pushing and
pulling, prolonged standing or sitting.
5. Quantitative/mathematical ability (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, standard/metric measurement).
6. Will be subjected to cold when entering refrigerator and freezer as well as fumes from chemicals, cooking odors,
gases and odors from patient rooms.
7. Potential hazards from cuts from knives and meat slicer and/or burns from cooking and heating surfaces.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK AIDS USED:
1. Occasionally subjected to long and/or irregular hours
2. Frequent/strenuous physical effort (e.g. lifting, moving heavy objects, etc.)
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from
search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted
by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without
a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No
fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal
employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal
opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement,
promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including
pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help
prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS
and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience.
During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information
(Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job
posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: