Best Western Plus
Job Purpose:Serves guests by providing front office, communications, concierge, guest services, reservations, valet, luggage, vault, and transportation services; managing staff. Duties:* Accomplishes front office human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Achieves front office operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to hotel strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality-service, and guest-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining front office system improvements; implementing change.
* Meets front office financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; tracking occupancy and daily rate figures.
* Determines guest service requirements by conducting surveys; forming focus groups; benchmarking best practices; analyzing information and applications.
* Provides guest services by monitoring daily house count, expected arrivals/departures, in-house group activities, room rates, special rates, promotions, and service staff availability; adjusting staff allocations; planning 24 hour management and service availability.
* Resolves guest dissatisfactions by planning and directing the receipt; investigation, evaluation, and settling of complaints; following-up with guests; personally resolving difficult situations.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by enforcing organization standards and procedures, and legal regulations.
* Accomplishes project results by determining project objectives; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction; updating plans.
* Maintains guest confidence and protects organization reputation by keeping information confidential; enforcing legal requirements.
* Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing front office data and trends; developing forecasts.
* Updates job knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
* Enhances department and hotel reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Skills/Qualifications:Supply Management, Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Customer Focus, Customer Service, Delegation, Management Proficiency, Listening