Union Rescue Mission
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Part-Time) POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the VP of Human Resources, the Human Resources Assistant is responsible for performing HR related duties and providing administrative and clerical assistance to the Human Resources department. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment and onboarding, payroll, employee file maintenance, trainings, benefits, leave management, and employee relations.
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Part-Time) CORE WORK PRINCIPLE:
Colossians 3:23 is the foundation of URM’s standard for employment, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as though you were working for the Lord and not for people.” The goal for each employee is to enrich and sustain a humble heart attitude; to enrich and sustain a mindset of serving others, treating them with kindness and truth; and to enrich and sustain a zealous desire for achieving work objectives without any ulterior motives or agendas.
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Part-Time) ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with recruitment and onboarding efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, including temporary employees & part time employees.
- Assists with maintaining the job portal current by posting positions and keeping them current.
- Assists with maintaining and documenting mandatory Health screenings.
- Assists with Covid-19 mandatory documentation.
- Assists with employment leaves including FMLA and Medical Leaves.
- Assists with workers’ compensation claims reporting.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local regulation for applicable Labor Law.
- Assists in the preparation for Audits.
- Assists with processing all necessary paperwork and activities for new hires, reviews, and terminations.
- Assists with communicating with candidates, staff, vendors, and partners.
- Assists with filing and data entry.
- Ensures employee license and certification are current, for I-9 purposes and required positions.
- Ensures personnel files are organized, accurate, complete, and compliant.
- Maintains strict observance of Union Rescue Mission (URM) Confidentiality Policy.
- Assists with department special projects, as needed.
- Adheres to all Human Resource Policies and Procedures.
- Assists in maintaining & scheduling mandatory employee trainings and/or meetings.
- Attends meetings, as necessary.
- Conduct other tasks and projects as assigned by the VP of Human Resources.
- Commitment to URM mission, vision, and core values.
- Encourages guests in their faith and growth in Jesus Christ.
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Part-Time) PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow differently able individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs.
- Requires regular standing, walking, sitting, speaking, hearing, and seeing.
- Requires manual dexterity for regular repetitive finger motion.
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Part-Time) WORK ENVIRONMENT:
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow differently able individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The office is clean, orderly, properly lit, and ventilated.
- Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
- This position works (predominantly) indoors.
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Part-Time) EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURES
- Must have a high school diploma. Vocational or college courses, a plus.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Human Resources, preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Part-Time) KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of Human Resources procedures, a plus.
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information in the utmost discretion is essential.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have excellent phone etiquette.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be highly organized and be able to work independently.
- Ability to compute and enter data accurately.
- Ability to multi-task and work well with various departments.
$21 – $23.40 (depending on experience)
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=64794dc83cdda3ec9c3909585&ri=98b588849f484bbe952d56c60d1c38f5&job_loc=Los+Angeles%2CCA&q&spl=6970595145677935636579724f6e392f3a7778644e5a554455415659327a5762503872537a5a773d3d3a35764436345a793942704f53644f6b61317979304f43587a793048573442547a484c5345337662412f63576971614762546e414c4d6a5a4b7756586354702f4638573234446469735367704f5168676768765a5952426d3156584e436566397a70346647654d616a576853715a78392f50494753535043565739666978716e4747656b57734a67594e5271365432374953773d3d&encrypt=0&l=United+States→