American Honda Motor Co
Human Resources Business Partner Leader
Location: Torrance (80% remote)
Level: EX 5
What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it s a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of power that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize the joy and freedom of mobility by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a zero environmental footprint.
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda s, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
The Business HR Unit Leader oversees a team of HR Business partners and works with Sr. Business Leaders to provide end-to-end Human Capital solutions that advance the business agenda. The position develops partnerships across the Business and the HR Leadership Team on the HR strategic plan, bringing business insights and needs to strategic discussions, while removing roadblocks to support organizational goals, HR policies, practices and programs that will include but not be limited to the following areas: performance, compensation, engagement, succession and workforce planning.
- Oversee and manage the HR Business Partner functions at AHM including planning, organizing, identifying support for key initiatives for the department, developing business process efficiencies. Ensure the HRBP team is continually developing their business and HR acumen and are meeting the needs of the business while maintaining consistency across HR service delivery.
- Consult with senior leadership to enable implementation of policy, projects, change initiatives, talent while drawing upon other HR groups to deliver required expertise, resources, and services to drive customer/organizational imperatives.
- Work with key business leaders to develop a deep understanding of the business and strategic objectives. Provide active consulting to identify challenges and propose solutions related to talent and organizational matters
- Collaborate with Strategy, HR Ops and HR Leaders and participate on project teams to ensure HR programs, processes and services delivery are based on the business environment/strategy and talent implications, balancing multiple perspectives and considering the downstream impact to the organization.
- Partners with senior leaders to provide coaching and guidance to address performance and policy concerns. Escalate situations where formal corrective action or investigations are needed to the Associate Relations team
Who we are seeking:
Required Work Experience:
- 10+ years of overall HR experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in an HRBP role
- Bachelor s Degree in Human Resources or related discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- Advanced degree and HR certification desired
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR policies and practices and their application in solving business needs
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships to gain support and reach strategic business goals
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Dealing with conflict and empowerment to escalate
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making
Additional Position Factors:
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- 10% travel requirement for training and offsite support as needed
- Daily, weekly, weekend and holiday overtime may be required
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice?
- Competitive base salary: $113,000 to $169,500 (pay will be based on several variables that include, but not limited to geographic location, work experience, education, etc.)
- Annual Bonus
- Manager Lease Car
- Industry leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, personal days
- 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
- Advancement opportunities
- Career mobility
- Education reimbursement for continued learning
- Training and Development programs
- Wellbeing program
- Community service and engagement programs
- Product programs
- Free drinks onsite
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.