The Mark Hotel
High check average. $800 to $1500 per week with tips
Statement of Purpose:
The IRD Server is responsible for serving food and beverage items in guest rooms or residences and for the delivery of amenities. To ensure the overall cleanliness of the In Room Dining station area. Responsible for taking mini bar inventory. The IRD Server takes orders and serves food and beverage items to our customers in a timely, friendly enthusiastic and professional manner in accordance with Jean-Georges standards.
- To uphold the Jean-Georges Values and Mission Statement while performing positional responsibilities.
- To adhere to company policies and procedures, as stated in Employee Handbook
- To provide exemplary service to all guests by applying knowledge of service and the food and beverage menus.
- Delivery food and beverage items to guest rooms or residences.
- Explain food and beverage items in detail to guests and residence owners.
- Always show a positive and pleasant attitude.
- Ensure all relationships with guests and residence owners are professional.
- Collect food from the kitchen and check the order is correct prior to delivery to the guest
- Communicate and work closely with kitchen staff to ensure customer satisfaction.
Promote team work within the restaurant creating a positive work environment by always speaking positively. Demonstrate and promote Jean Georges culture. Displays a pleasant and cheerful disposition. Must maintain a high level of integrity. Ability to adapt in difficult situations and able to solve problems and make decisions when necessary. Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer needs.
Education and Experience:
Must have a high school education or equivalent. Experience in fine dining preferred. Must be able to perform basic math functions. Must be able to deal with guests in a professional manner. Must have a strong sense of urgency. Must maintain a professional appearance.
May be required to lift up to 30lb. occasionally. Available to work late nights, holidays and long days as necessary.