Inside Sales Representative:
BlueLinx is looking for an Inside Sales Representative . This Inside Sales Representative will work closely with the entire sales team and learn about the BlueLinx sales process. This role will be a relationship builder with a focus on treating the customer right and in a timely manner. This is a great opportunity for a person that has a desire to grow their career within a sales minded organization.
BlueLinx is a leading U.S. wholesale distributor of residential and commercial building products. We specialize in offering a comprehensive range of both branded and private-label SKUs, encompassing lumber, panels, engineered wood, siding, millwork, and industrial products. With a strong market position and broad geographic coverage, we proudly serve customers in all 50 states. At BlueLinx, we provide exceptional career opportunities for talented individuals who possess strong leadership skills, problem-solving abilities, and a passion for going above and beyond. Join our team and unleash your potential in a thriving and dynamic work environment.
- Identifies new sales opportunities with new and existing customers AND presents those options.
- Maximizes sales efforts by focusing sales time on largest most profitable opportunities (may include segmenting account list and creating customer / product sales plans).
- Be viewed as an asset to the client by enhancing our sales portfolio to the client.
- Improves profitability, product penetration and product mix with top customers.
- Qualifies sales opportunities through market / customer research and teaming with outside sales representatives.
- Develops sales solutions and competitive pricing strategies.
- Communicates value proposition to customers. Proposes sales solutions to customers and reevaluates solutions where necessary.
- Closes sales opportunities by gaining purchase orders and executing all order fulfillment procedures.
- Provides outstanding customer service and post sales satisfaction, facilitating long-term relationships for repeat business.
- May have assigned product responsibility such as managing inventory levels (indirect product sourcing), managing inventory turns, promoting product to other inside sales employees and assisting in product pricing and developing promotional literature.
- Comfortable setting sales quotas and working towards those.
- Bachelor's degree in business/Sales/Communication or equivalent is preferred.
- 1-3 years Sales Experience with a comfort level on the telephone and honest communication.
- Strong planning, organization, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Working level of knowledge account management, customer support & service
- Understands the importance of sales and has the internal drive to perform at a high level. Competitive drive and results focused.
- Experience in establishing strong relationships through positive interaction and working with the customer.
- Previous experience in the construction/home building industry OR the ability to learn it.
- Possess telephone skills with the ability to identify key customer issues, evaluate facts and recommend appropriate plans of action.
- Self-Starter. There are situations where a person will be entrusted to manage their own day and handle their own “plan of action”.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant sales systems technology.
Job Family Inside Sales
Job Function Sales
Pay Type Salary
Hiring Rate $53,000.00