General Dynamics Corporation
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA CA Norwalk – 12440 E Imperial Hwy (CAC046)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ147451
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
Intelligence Analysis, Law Enforcement, Tactical Intelligence
2 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required:
Are you interested in improving the cyber risk profiles of local government organizations in the greater Los Angeles area? Do you want to deliver actionable threat intelligence, risk mitigation and response guidance, and cyber forensics expertise to these organizations? Can you effectively work within a small, agile team of other cyber professionals located at the client site? If yes, then join our team of cyber professionals who focus on helping our stakeholders prevent, defend against, and recover from major cyber threats.
Candidate must be local to the office. No remote work.
HOW A CYBER INTELLIGENCE ANALYST WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
In your role as an Cyber Intelligence Analyst, you will support a team with delivering projects related to a variety of cyber topics, including:
- Help stakeholders achieve integrated cyber defense, proactively monitor, detect, investigate, and respond to cyber incidents.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in the greater Los Angeles area to gather and disseminate cyber threat intelligence related to recent incidents; tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs); and latest threat actor trends.
- Understand and implement the client’s cyber defense mission for the greater Los Angeles region.
- Contribute to written and oral products for a variety of audiences, to include cyber threat briefings, cyber threat products, and participation in cyber working groups and tabletop exercises.
- Collect/review indicators of compromise and indicators of attacks from stakeholders to analyze and disseminate in finished intelligence products to enable the mitigation of potential cyber defense incidents within the greater Los Angeles area.
- Work with stakeholders’ personnel to help organizations respond to and resolve cyber incidents through incident response planning, exercising, and cyber threat sharing.
- Coordinate incident response functions across multiple organizations/jurisdictions.
- Monitor external data sources (cyber defense vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams, Security Focus) to maintain up-to-date understanding of cyber actors and threats, and provide recommendations on prioritizing cyber threats and prevention/mitigation measures.
- Receive and analyze cyber threat alerts from various sources and disseminate to the appropriate audience, to include using threat information sharing platforms.
- Perform cyber defense trend analysis – assist stakeholders with determining their cybersecurity posture – and assisting with the establishment of reporting mechanisms to local, state, and federal cyber partners.
- Develop and deliver written and oral cyber threat alerts, regularly scheduled digests, case studies, and after-action reports to various audiences.
- Coordinate and communicate across multiple stakeholder groups.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Undergraduate degree with a focus or emphasis in Cybersecurity, Information Assurance or related field, i.e. Intelligence Methodologies, or related field; or 2 years of relevant work experience.
- 1 + year minimum of work experience in at least one of the following cybersecurity disciplines: Cyber Fusion Center, Security Operations Center, Network Security, Endpoint Security, Incident Response, Forensics, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management.
- Demonstrable personal interest in threat intelligence in the field of cyber, to include threat hunting, cyber defense, cyber investigations, and cyber incident response.
- Knowledge of general security concepts, such as defense-in-depth, least privilege, security architecture and design, threat modeling, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work within a small cyber team, as part of a multi-disciplinary task force.
- Client service orientation, conflict resolution, and analysis/synthesis of information skills.
- At least one of the following certifications:
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- Active Secret or Top Secret (TS) clearance
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 1+ years of experience
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
The likely salary range for this position is $72,000 – $108,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA CA Norwalk
Additional Work Locations:
Total Rewards at GDIT:
Our benefits package for all US-based employees includes a variety of medical plan options, some with Health Savings Accounts, dental plan options, a vision plan, and a 401(k) plan offering the ability to contribute both pre and post-tax dollars up to the IRS annual limits and receive a company match. To encourage work/life balance, GDIT offers employees full flex work weeks where possible and a variety of paid time off plans, including vacation, sick and personal time, holidays, paid parental, military, bereavement and jury duty leave. To ensure our employees are able to protect their income, other offerings such as short and long-term disability benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment, personal accident, critical illness and business travel and accident insurance are provided or available. We regularly review our Total Rewards package to ensure our offerings are competitive and reflect what our employees have told us they value most.
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Back To Search ResultsGDIT supports and secures some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.