Knott's Berry Farm
$16.00 / hour
SCARY FARM MONSTERS
Knotts Berry Farm is seeking energetic and dynamic performers of all types to provide Halloween themed entertainment for the 50th year of Knotts Scary Farm. Performers should be resilient and able to adapt quickly, improvise, and remain in-character for extended periods of time. An ideal candidate is available to work all rehearsals and event dates. Please come to the audition dressed ready to move and act like a monster, but please come dressed as yourself NO COSTUMES, MONSTER MAKEUP, OR PROPS. Seeking a diverse spectrum of gender identities, ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Performers must be at least 18 years of age. Knotts is an equal opportunity employer. We support a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, physicals and background checks.
IN-PERSON AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD ON JUNE 16, 17, 24, and 25
To book an audition reservation, individuals who would like to participate in Scary Farm 2023 auditions must submit an application through our website at A link to book your audition appointment will be shared 2-5 business days after an application has been received. Walk-in auditions will not be permitted.
For audition questions, please email the Scary Farm Casting Team: …@knotts.com.
Knott’s Scary Farm event dates are as follows*:
(September) 21, 22, 23, 24, 28, 29, 30
(October) 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 31
*Event dates are subject to change
- Use creativity and common sense while startling and scaring guests in a safe and effective manner that utilizes performance techniques taught in training
- Work as a member of a team to achieve overall atmosphere and goals set by Entertainment leadership and show directors
- Consistently perform role as scripted and/or conceived
- Remain in character while “on?stage and in view of guests and interact with guests while performing in a professional and artistic manner
- Utilize a variety of props and noise makers to support the guests scare experience in a safe manner
- Perform vocalizations such as, grunts, groans, growls, screams, and other monster noises to contribute to the assigned character
- Maintain changes in posture, walk, body movements, and physical presence to enhance character believability
- Provide guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions, and giving accurate directions
- Maintain cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision
- Meet scheduling availability requirements that include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Fulfill Scary Farms attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair’s attendance policies
- Adhere to Cedar Fair’s Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as they are assigned
- Availability to work all assigned Scary Farm training and event dates that include weekday/weekends nights and holidays
- Experience in stage acting or haunted attractions helpful but not required
- Willingness and ability to wear heavy make?up and/or mask for extended periods of time
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, and DMV
- Provide record of previous employment, education, and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law
Do you want to work Knotts Scary Farm, but performing is not your talent? We have many other positions for line control and guest control within each attraction.
Please visit our website in the future to apply.