San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital
THIS POSITION IS FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY!
This position will support San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital’s strategic plan and the organization’s mission to provide safe, high-quality, personalized healthcare services , while embracing the core values of Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, and Commitment.
Lead Authorization Specialist will pursue all activities of an Authorization Specialist and will assume the responsibility of Lead Office staff acting as a liaison between Office Clerk, Manager of JVPT and the Director of Rehab, and assist in the operation of the Physical Therapy Outpatient clinic. Following all regulatory guidelines pertaining to Loma Linda University Health Center and San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent.
- Preferably with successfully completed college classes with an emphasis in health care.
- Ability to write legibly; speak in English with professional quality; use computer, printer, proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, able to keyboard 50-60 wpm with minimal errors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, proficiency in computer skills, along with listening skills and attention to detail. High proficiency in grammar and able to express thoughts clearly and concisely and ability to proofread for context and content accuracy.
- Able to work positively in person, by phone, and via written documentation with various entities.
- Ability to exercise judgment in sensitive and confidential matters.
- Must be a self-starter who perceives a need and takes Initiative to accomplish the task.
- Able to follow simple and complex Instructions, manage multiple assignments effectively; organize and prioritize workload; work well under pressure; problem solve; recall information; pay close attention to detail; exercise discretion.
PAY / BENEFITS
Estimated pay: $20.00 to $23.00 per hour based on qualifications (including but not limited to experience, education, certifications, and licensure where applicable).
Benefits may include medical, dental, vision, basic life and AD&D, optional supplemental life (employee, spouse, and/or child coverage), flexible spending accounts (medical and dependent care), 403b retirement with dollar for dollar match up to 5%, paid time off, and more available depending on employment status.