What makes a great day at work? We believe a great day is made by the people on your team and the problems you get to solve together. We re looking for detailed oriented people who love thinking outside the box and thrive in a collaborative setting. As teammates we encourage new ideas, celebrate every win and are excited about having a meaningful impact on our employee s workplace experience.
If you are excited to begin a new career with a leading broadband connectivity company and cable operator that services more than 32 million customers and cares about their 93,000+team members, then look no further! The successful candidate will work on a dynamic Employment Law team as in-house attorney in a fast paced Legal department for a Fortune 100 company. This position is located in our beautiful Stamford, CT corporate campus that offers great amenities and is close to the train station.
Join an exciting, dynamic team of employment law professionals as a paralegal working on a range of cutting-edge employment law issues. The right candidate should enjoy learning, growing, working independently, issue-spotting, and interesting work assignments that include managing and fulfilling discovery requests for litigation, conducting legal research, and assisting with legal projects/initiatives.
- MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience Investigate and research matters to factually support cases
- Conduct fact-gathering interviews with clients and/or witnesses
- Collect, review and draft legal documents of some complexity, correspondence and other materials requiring a strong level of legal terminology and document formatting knowledge
Monitor case schedules and filing deadlines
- Draft correspondence of some complexity which includes; entity filings, consents, notices, schedules, closing documents hearing and trial materials, pleadings, motions, proposed orders, discovery requests and responses
- Draft legal hold notices, identify custodians, and track acceptance of the legal hold
- Identify electronic data that is relevant to litigation and works with the eDiscovery Team regarding the collection and review of the data
- Review case files for the attorney(s) and prepare a summary including a recommended course of action
- Summarize depositions, interrogatories and testimonies
- Perform statistical analysis and documentary research of some complexity
- Maintain and update transaction and litigation files, including research, pleadings, discovery, and/or contract documents
- Schedule and participate in witness interviews
- May prepare witnesses for small claims court or small arbitration matters
- May execute declarations on behalf of the company in support of legal arguments
- May testify on behalf of the Company Act as primary contact for consumer arbitrations and small claims matters
- May serve as point of contact for due diligence, litigations or projects
- May attend court or hearings to support attorney(s)
- Perform other duties as requested
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Proficiency with Microsoft software
- Demonstrated organization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters
- Legal research and investigative skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated time management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and exercise discretion and good judgment
- Paralegal certification or Bachelor s Degree in Paralegal Studies or a related field or equivalent experience required
- Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
- 5+ years paralegal or equivalent work experience
LLS115 2023-16495 2023
Here, employees don t just have jobs, they build careers. That s why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
A qualified applicant s criminal history, if any, will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet , TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you re joining a strong community of more than 93,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most. Watch this video to learn more.
Who You Are Matters Here We re committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets. Learn about our inclusive culture.