Support Center – IrvingFor nearly 50 years, Michaels has been the destination where Makers get inspired, learn, shop, and create. We strive to cultivate an inclusive shopping environment for all Makers and work environment for all Team Members, providing a place of belonging and empowering everyone to bring their creative dreams to life. At Michaels, every Team Member is encouraged to hone their craft with opportunities for personal and professional growth. From our Stores and Distribution Centers to Artistree and our Support Center, our best-in-class team is passionate about leaving the world a better, more creative place by contributing to every “make”.
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together. Under the leadership of the Employee Relations Manager serves as a strategic partner to the Division HR Managers and field HR team by ensuring that all employee relations concerns are addressed in an expedient and objective manner, mitigate risk for the enterprise, and positively impact overall TM engagement, morale, and cultureMajor ActivitiesInvestigations* Responsible for supporting the Employee Relations function throughout the organization, with a primary focus on investigating Employee Relations concerns and acting as a resource to field HR Operations for Employee Relations matters.
* Investigates Employee Relations concerns including but not limited to the categories of Harassment, Discrimination, Wage/ Hours and/or Retaliation which are received through HR, field management, letters to leadership or employee ethics hotline within assigned Divisions.
* Provides timely investigation summaries and ensures closeout of all completed investigations.
* Analyze and evaluates employee relations trends and provides actionable feedback to the Employee Relations Manager and Division HR Partners.
* Communicates regularly with Employee Relations Manager regarding pending investigations to provide status updates.
* Assist in conducting training and coaching of managers on Employee Relations for all completed investigations as needed.
* Partners with Division HR Managers to provide counsel and facilitate prompt and effective resolution of workplace conflict to address issues for employees and managers in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures.
* Advises Division HR Manager of employee relations concerns/investigations as they arise in their respective Divisions.
* Maintains accurate, confidential records regarding all investigations via the electronic case management system.
* Partner with legal in conducting investigations, researching policies/ practices, creating and gathering appropriate documentation, and making recommendations.
Culture Champion* Interacts with field HR Partners to ensure a high level of employee satisfaction and engagement.
* Develops effective relationships with business partners to promote good employee relations throughout the organization.
* Participates in projects performed by the Employee Relations department, as necessary.
* Supports other Employee Relations investigators in times of high-volume case load.
* Consults on process improvement where appropriate. Other duties as assignedMinimum Knowledge/Skills/AbilitiesMinimum Education* Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and 5-7 years experience in Employee Relations, Investigations, HR Generalist (harassment, discrimination, leave, accommodations, etc,), employment law, disciplinary actionsMinimum Special Certifications or Technical Skills* Proficient in the use of MS Office, HRIS, and Talent Management SystemsMinimum Type of Experience the Job Requires* Performance management (including Performance Improvement Plans and Coaching plans), policy interpretation, and investigationsOther* Must be able to travel up to 25% where required within North America.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, with excellent time management skills.
* Excellent project management skills and strong follow-up.
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to analyze and interpret facts.
* Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of business partners.
* Ability to keep and securely maintain confidential records and information.
* Ability to use independent judgment to make decisions* Ability to hire/fire, promote or change the status of other employees.
Preferred Special Certifications or Technical Skills* Investigations Certificate or Paralegal Certification* PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred* Oracle, Workday or PeopleSoft preferredApplicants in the U. S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal requirements of the job. To review a comprehensive list of benefits, please visit Michaels BenefitsCA, CO, CT, WA, RI and select New York cities only – To review pay ranges for the position you are applying for, please visit Michaels Pay Ranges – CA, CO, CT, WA, RI, and select New York cities only.
Michaels is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with this commitment, Michaels will assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if a reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the job, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Customer Care at 1-800-###-#### (1800-MICHAEL). EEOC Know Your Rights Poster in EnglishEEOC Know Your Rights Poster in SpanishEEOC Poster Optimized for Screen ReadersFederal FMLA PosterFederal EPPAC Poster
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=6480646777ada3ec9a45739f5&ri=98b53f5d7e1d4bb6b9c554b0b917384d&job_loc=Irving%2CTX&q&spl=6d5846474f5965465672627141514f593a7062534d714f5242754a775a383679486432593961513d3d3a445566684e336135394f354c4448433563777252742f51704b794e6f78772f4978484a6a2f2f4342664a77796f4f666a7933545a5954477677303753455937772b4837732b534c47685068416a703558556c7669794c64445a6849477a612f534847386f70694e4d64477146327a70687149323158447537616a426f62436d556d792b75&encrypt=0&l=United+States→