Bering Straits Native Corporation
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com to apply!
ARCTICOM, a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation, is currently seeking a qualified Material Coordinator that will be responsible for the satisfactory accomplishment of all assigned tasks in Lexington, KY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and expedites flow of material, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with shipping schedules or deliverables.
- Requisitions material and establishes delivery according to Team priorities and anticipated availability of material.
- Arranges for in-house transfer of materials. Arranges with department Manager for repair and assembly of material and its transfer to various departments.
- May compile reports of quantity and type of material on hand.
- May move or transport material from one department to another, using hand truck or industrial truck.
- May compile perpetual production records to locate material in process of production, using manual or computerized system.
- Trains and assists all Warehouse Specialist in job functions, monitors workload, and problem solving to expedite the flow of material and parts.
May work in receiving, warehousing, shipping and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS – EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required (Minimum Necessary) Qualifications (applies to both this section and KSAO’s)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 yrs. previous warehouse experience preferred.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and mathematical skills
- Dependable and Reliable
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment i.e., forklifts, pallet jacks and stock-pickers is recommended.
- Must be familiar with MAXIMO computerized warehousing operations and use of Microsoft software such as Excel, Word, and Outlook, is highly desirable.
- Hazmat certification
- Knowledge of the standard Army regulations and procedures
- Willing to operate on a no notice recall for 24 hours, 7 days a week operation.
- Understanding of shipping/transportation operations, preferred
- Knowledge of MAXIMO & WEB inventory systems.
- Knowledge of DRMO & HAZMAT
- Knowledge of logistics Operations
NECESSARY PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees must always maintain a constant state of mental alertness. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands to grasp.
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
- May be required to sit for long periods of time.
DOT COVERED/SAFETY-SENSITIVE ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- This position does not perform DOT “safety-sensitive” functions (as defined under 49 CFR Part 40) and is not subject to any federal requirements related to Department of Transportation requirements for those performing, or on-call to perform, “safety-sensitive” functions.
- This position is not subject to federal requirements regarding Department of Transportation “safety-sensitive” functions.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
May be required to work in restricted spaces and/or under difficult lighting and access conditions. Noise level may be high when operating power equipment. Employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions during all seasons.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, you will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and have acceptable background check results. If applicable to the contract, you must also obtain the appropriate clearance levels required and be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.