If you have a Heart, this job could be for you…
Highly Respected Los Angeles Non-profit
Supporting Adults on the Autism Spectrum
(or with other intellectual and developmental disabilities)
Has Multiple Opportunities
in the Rewarding Field of “Human Services”
Hiring Today for the Position of
“Job Coach” / “Life Coach” / Mentor
Full Time / Part Time
Daytime Hours / Mondays – Fridays
Locations throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area
(including the San Fernando Valley, North Hollywood, Pico-Robertson Area, West l..A, and elsewhere)
Join the ETTA Family.
Make a Positive Difference in the Life of Another.
More than a Paycheck –
A Rewarding Opportunity to Pay It Forward!
At ETTA, we’re
Are You A People Person?
What matters at ETTA is each other.
ETTA, a unique and respected non-profit, has been making a positive difference in the lives of adults intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1993. You may have heard about us in the media or come across our website. Now you can be part of the ETTA story!
Whether this is your calling – or a way to finally have a meaningful job – we are seeking positive, genuine, supportive individuals to join the ETTA family.
As a member of ETTA’s Employment Services Department,
You Will Assist Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
to Live More Independent & Enriching Lives.
Your Meaningful & Rewarding
Job Awaits You!
Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Human Services (paid training)
ETTA’S Full Time employees are offered a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical Health Insurance / Dental / Vision
- Family Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Group Term Life / LTD
- Annual 80 hours vacation / 48 hours sick time
*Full time is 30 – 40 hours per week
What is a
“Job Coach” / “Life Coach”?
Do you remember how amazing it felt to land your first job? Or the satisfaction of getting a new job that was more rewarding and meaningful? A paycheck does so much more for a person than adding numbers to their bank account. It can give a person a sense of self-value and achievement.
As a “Job Coach” and “Life Coach” in ETTA’s Employment Services department, you will play a key role in paving the way for your client (an adult with intellectual and developmental disabilities) to accomplish their employment goals and succeed in the workplace. In other words, your job is to help them discover their job. You will never forget the look on their face when they are told the good news – “You’re hired!”
- You will be matched with one of our clients (an adult with intellectual and developmental disabilities, such as autism).
- The two of you will work together (one-on-one | 1:1), searching for the right job.
- Your time together will be at a variety of different locations, whether at a Job Center, Community Library, College Campus … or job searching at their residence, coffeehouse, or even a park on their laptop computer. You two will also visit different storefronts and other businesses in in the local community, checking out interesting job openings and meeting hiring managers.
- One of the first and most important activities you will do when starting to work with your client is to simply get to know each other and build a friendly, comfortable, and trusting relationship. A good “Job Coach” and “Life Coach” will find a way to motivate their client to open up about their unexplored employment goals and make them feel comfortable going after ANY job without preconceived limitations. The goal is not to pursue all jobs – but the right job that recognizes their talents, grows their skills, and is meaningful for them.
- As your client’s “Job Coach” / “Life Coach,” you will teach, mentor, and guide them as you navigate the job market. This will involve: Creating or editing their resume with them, teaching them how to write a good cover letter, showing them where to find jobs online and offline, etc. You will discuss tips for having a successful job interview and have fun practicing interviewing techniques prior to the exciting appointment.
- When your client gets hired – or if they are already employed when you are first matched up by ETTA, instead of job hunting, you will be on the jobsite with them to ensure they have a successful experience.
- Your days will not be entirely filled with job-related tasks. You will make plenty of time to enjoy fun and entertaining activities, such as outdoor recreation, your client’s hobbies, social activities, exploring the local community, special events, and more!
- Ultimately, you will play a vital role in guiding and inspiring your client toward achieving professional and personal goals and growing more independent.
As a member of the ETTA team, you will be truly appreciated as you help make someone’s world a better place. ETTA staff supports, guides, mentors, and inspires our clients to achieve their goals and live happier, healthier, and more fulfilling lives each and every day! (Learn more, and see photos and videos on the ETTA website.)
As a “Job Coach” / “Life Coach” / Mentor at ETTA,
you will inspire and guide individuals with special needs
to realize the possibilities, expand their horizons,
and achieve their goals.
Become the Positive Difference
Life of Another
* * *
Being personable, positive, patient,
genuine, engaging, enthusiastic, creative, interested
… and friendly
is more important than your resume.
Various locations to choose from throughout the San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles, and surrounding communities.
We’re Hiring Hearts. If you have a heart, we want to meet you! Apply now and you’re halfway there to your new and meaningful job.
INDEPENDENCE. INCLUSION. GROWTH.
Learn more on ETTA’s website
See a listing of all our current job openings on the Careers page.
Questions? Contact our Recruitment Department:
Or call (818) ###-####, ext. 305
*Remember, at ETTA, your heart is your resume.
ETTA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer
ETTA, Non-profit, “Human Services“, “Job Coach”, “Life Coach”, Mentor, “Life Skills Coach“, Mentor, “Regional Center”, SLS, DSP, “Paid Training“, “Support Staff” “Independent Living Advocate”, “Supported Living Services” , SLS, Jewish, Caregiver, Caregiving, “Entry-level“, Life Skills Coach, Adults with “Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities”, Autism, “On the Spectrum”, “Down Syndrome”, “Day Program”, Experience, “No Experience“, “Group Home”, “Direct Support Professional”, “Los Angeles”, “San Fernando Valley”, Pasadena, “Santa Monica”, “Pico-Robertson“, “North Hollywood“, ETTA, Disability, Disabilities, “Independent Living Advocate”, “Human Services”, “Social Services“, Behaviors, “Direct Support Professional”, “On the Spectrum”, “Special Needs”, “Support Staff”, Autistic, “Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities”, “Autism Speaks”, “Human Services”, “Supported Living Services”, “Regional Center”, Experience, “No Experience“, “DSP Experience“, “Paid Training“, “Entry level“, “Experience a plus“, “Life Skills Coach”, “Human Services“, “Job Coach”, “Life Coach”, “Life Skills Coach“, Mentor, Autistic, Autism, Meaningful, Rewarding, DSP, “Direct Support Professional”, Non-profit, Jewish, “Human Services”
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=640d9cc775cda3ec9b7419ac5&ri=98b649438eea49c9b6dcddfaf1edad06&job_loc=Sherman+Oaks%2CCA&q=Spectrum&spl=356c4876543155524b4b664963506f6a3a4f774a616b6b312f5157526946664e44564c397535773d3d3a684e6b4b514d57436343686161716f6c6e6d307a6a4235786d4933637a6f554878765371773333504e6267595374305241687268367a596f41595157712b6945397974363836464b485971586e4a51786463526a4c7a39473430783069354644704d6332477479736a643246523670765664466c4d584b4b3559745a70324f7a68696d613138524c5873323166464b7675673d3d&encrypt=0&l=united+states→