Our Merchandisers play a pivotal role at Columbia Distributing. Over the course of distribution, Merchandising is the final stop in getting beverages into our customer’s hands. After the Delivery team delivers product to the store, a Merchandiser will stock and rotate our products so they are ready to sell. This position works closely with our Delivery, Sales, and retail partners, to provide exceptional customer service.
* In retail accounts, work product from store back stock and/or delivery loads; handling cases, bottles and cans of beer, wine, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverages for the purpose of sale or storage. This includes filling and rotating product in cold boxes, on dry shelves, and building and maintaining displays with POS (point of sale) as necessary.
* Drive personal vehicle on assigned route. Merchandisers do not transport any product in personal vehicles, nor to and from any locations.
* Provide excellent customer service to assigned accounts. Develop and maintain positive, cooperative and team-oriented relationships with co-workers, Supervisors, Managers and others you come into contact with throughout your job
* Engage in direct communication with store personnel and Sales teammates to effectively complete account services
* Accurately clock in and out of required timekeeping application, adhering to state labor laws for breaks, etc.
* Demonstrate behaviors consistent with those of the Company’s Core Values at all times
* Complete all other tasks or projects as assigned Key Competencies
* Ability to work independently and with a team. Manage multiple tasks and meet productivity deadlines through effective organizational and time management skills
* Excellent oral communication skills
* Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external customers
* Strong work ethic and self-accountability People Management None Work Environment This job operates in our accounts, mostly indoors with occasional outdoor work Physical Demands
* Lift/carry 35 lbs.
repetitively and up to 60 lbs.
* Push/pull up to 100 lbs. with the use of manual cart or pallet jack
* Bend/stoop/crouch/squat/ use arms/wrists/hands/grasp
* Climb stairs
* Work indoors and outdoors
* Must be able to drive and operate a vehicle for driving positions
* Must be able to operate manual, non-powered equipment Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Days/hours of work vary & may include weekends & overtime as necessary Travel Local travel required.
Regional Travel may be requested Required Education and Experience
* Minimum of 18 years of age
* Valid driver’s license and auto insurance required for driving positions
* Must own and be able to operate a mobile smart phone device Preferred Education and Experience
* Previous grocery or retail experience Compensation
* Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
* Employees (and their families) are eligible for medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan. Employees are also eligible for 80 hours of vacation every year and 7-8 days of paid holidays throughout the calendar year (depending on location).
* [Hired applicant may be eligible for [incentives/ bonuses/ annual bonuses]. Classification: Non-Exempt Reports to: Merchandising Supervisor Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vets Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled