Royal Bank of Canada
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The Office Assistant provides front desk reception support while partnering with the Office Manager and Administrative Assistants providing general office support.
This is an in-office position with a full-time schedule during working hour, Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00 PM EST.
What will you do?
- Mail Processing: Manage all incoming and outgoing interoffice, USPS and express mail items; courier services.
- Accounts Payable/Invoice Processing: Review, code and obtain approval for most firm invoices. Liaise with vendors and handle payment inquiries.
- Office Equipment and Supplies Maintenance: Maintain and troubleshoot all office equipment; liaise with technicians and assist with hardware set up as required; manage office supplies inventory.
- Facilities Management: primary accountability for all facilities related requests; liaise with local property management and assist as needed with facilities related requests, including departmental moves.
- On/Offsite Records: manage records retention process and maintain both hard copy and electronic files.
- Back-up support role: as required for various administrative projects and functions throughout the firm, including calendar management, conference & events support, meeting materials prep and travel and expense reporting (all expenses must be processed accurately and promptly).
What do you need to succeed?
- High school diploma, College degree preferred
- 3-5 years of administrative or other relevant experience/transferable skills
- Experience working in a professional services setting (preferably within a corporate environment)
- Professional demeanor: ability to oversee confidential information with discretion
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written, grammatical, and oral communication skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize tasks and improve efficiencies
- Supporting a culture of constant change and diversity
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and perform under deadline pressures
- Effectively manage workflow
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Timely and efficient follow-through on all work assignments/projects received
- Experience with Concur travel and expense program
- Experience with various technology set ups for conference calls & video (i.e., WebEx)
What is in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business
Provides administrative support and coordination activities for a team of people. Applies experience and complete working knowledge of the job and policies/practices to perform a combination of routine tasks and varied administrative/operational assignments.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
United States of America
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.