BLDG SVC 32 B-J
Job Title: Benefits and Office Assistant
Labor Grade: 4
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (615 Staff Union)
Department: 32BJ Benefit Funds Office Boston
Reports To: Assistant Director
The Benefits and Office Assistant serves visitors by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately according to their request. The Benefits and Office Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support in the administration of the various benefit funds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering inquiries and directing visitors appropriately
- Maintains a clean and safe reception area by complying with rules and regulations. Maintains continuity by documenting and communicating actions and irregularities.
- Receives, sorts and distributes mail.
- Ensures that front office supplies and break room supplies are stocked and keeps inventory.
- Maintains a clean and safe members lounge by complying with rules and regulations. Maintains continuity by documenting and communicating actions and irregularities.
- Performs clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, faxing, scanning, and coordinating mailings.
- Maintains calendar with events, meetings, fund appointments, and class schedules.
- Knowledge of Health, Pension, Training, and Legal Fund benefits and eligibility rules.
- Knowledge of Training Fund course prerequisites and required certifications as outlined in Training Fund catalog, enrolls members accordingly.
- Determine pension eligibility in compliance with plan documents for members.
- Process pension and death benefit applications in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide assistance to members completing the pension and death benefit application process.
- Perform data entry.
- Ongoing management of own inventory of work accumulated through Participant interactions/inquiries. These inquiries will involve customer inquiries on eligibility, enrollment, benefits and claims, and Pension related issues.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- A demonstrated capability to manipulate and use multiple software programs simultaneously including Excel, Microsoft Word, Windows and Outlook applications.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- General mathematical skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Strong ability to multitask.
- Strong oral and written interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Ability to effectively operate in fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and communication skills.
- Experience working directly with customers.
Education and /or Experience: Bachelor s Degree preferred. Employee Benefits and/or Customer Service experience strongly preferred.
Language Skills: Fluentlyread, write and speak English/Spanish.