LHM Dodge Ram Avondale
Join a Winning Team at Larry H. Miller Automotive Group
If you’re looking for an opportunity to be appreciated and involved in your career, your search is complete. We have a great history of providing excellent career opportunities for individuals who want to grow within the company.
Follow Larry H. Miller Dealerships on Facebook and LinkedIn to learn more about us and current open positions.
We offer you and your family members a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, prescription drugs, dental, life and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement plan.
- Health Care
- Paid Time off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
- Wellness Program
Larry H. Miller Dealerships’ Job Description
The Office Assistant/Scanner is expected to:
- Provide prompt, first quality scanning of all car deals, factory invoices, service and parts tickets and accounts receivable receipts, dead deals, adverse action notices, and add-ons to ensure efficient maintenance and accurate record retention.
- Seek ways to improve business operation efficiencies and customer service.
- Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be successful.
Reports to: Controller
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maximize Profit Retention, Financial Reporting, and Administration.
- Properly prepare, scan and file all car deals.
- Review each car deal after it has been scanned to make sure the paperwork is centered and legible and all pages have been scanned before shredding.
- Scan and file all account receivable receipts, parts tickets, service tickets, factory invoices, warranty tickets, adverse action letters, and other requested items.
- Spot check all service and parts tickets to ensure the scanning machine is properly working throughout the day.
- Ensure that all documents are appropriately organized and filed following scanning.
- Ensure all files are purged yearly in compliance with Larry H. Miller Dealerships’ policies and state and federal guidelines.
- Complete and maintain all Larry H. Miller Dealerships’ required training.
- Maintain customer, vendor, and employee confidence and protect operations by exercising discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Maintain the ability to handle job stress and effective interaction with others in the workplace.
- Perform all other job duties as requested by management.
2. Operate with Integrity.
- Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
- Maintain composure within the workplace and outside the workplace when interacting or representing the Larry H. Miller Dealerships.
- Set an example of a positive attitude and professionalism, including a neat, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Work performed in a dealership setting due to the necessity to work in person with employees, customers, and vendors.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, reach, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, use hands and fingers and move about facilities.
- Required vision includes close vision, distance, peripheral, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to lift up to a minimum of 5lbs.
- Maintain regular attendance and timeliness as set forth within the work schedule designated by the department supervisor/manager.
1. Education, Experience, and Certification(s)/Training.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- 1+ years of customer service and/or accounting experience.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and MVR within company policy requirements.
- Active Learning- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Learning Strategies- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Communication- Basic ability to read and write, ability to effectively convey information to others, apply active listening by taking the time to understand the points being made by employees and customers, being aware of others’ reactions, and understanding why they react as they do.
- Social Perceptiveness- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Information Ordering- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Knowledge of Larry H. Miller Dealerships’ current company management systems is desirable.
- Interacting with Computers- Using computers and computer systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required.
- Clerical- Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, file and record management, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Customer and Personal Service- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Adaptability- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Selective Attention- Concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Interpersonal Skills- Maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
Leadership- Ability to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction while setting an example of ethical practices for all employees.
Compliance- Understanding of and adherence to all Company standards, state and federal laws and regulations, as well as product pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies, or business partners.
Customer Service- Providing excellent customer service through the defined Larry H. Miller processes, which promote efficiencies, fairness, and cost-effectiveness.
Ethics/Integrity- Representing the Larry H. Miller Dealerships by conducting yourself professionally and courteously demonstrates integrity and avoids actual or perceived conflicts of interest while complying with company standards and business ethics.
Oral Communication- Clearly identifying and professionally expressing issues in positive or negative situations.
Planning/Organizing- Prioritizing and planning work activities and using time effectively.
Quality- Demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness and monitoring your work to ensure quality.
Dependability- Consistent, punctual attendance at work; following instructions; responding to management direction, and soliciting feedback to improve performance.
Time Management- The ability to integrate time management methods to provide a consistent and effective workflow that is cohesive for the department and team.
Safety and Security- Observing safety and security procedures and using equipment and materials properly.
Company management reserves the right to add to, change or retract portions of this job description. Employee is required to adhere to the qualifications, duties, and conditions of any revised job description.