Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California, to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
The Patient Services Representative functions as an integral member of the team and is the first point of contact for all persons inquiring about the provider s practice. The primary role is to organize the practice s daily activities and paperwork. The PSR s communication, conduct and performance should support the clinic s efforts in becoming a High-Performance Organization.
- Greet customers into the practice and provide instruction and/or direction as necessary both on the phone and in person
- Schedule and coordinate all patient appointments as directed
- Maintain an organized and clean work area, free of clutter
- Prepare all documentation and records with accuracy as directed or necessary for the patient s care
- Meet or exceed the performance measures established by the Practice Management Dept
- Order and maintain the inventory, and stock in the area according to the policies and procedures established by the Practice Management Dept. and Central Supply
- Follow establish policy and procedures related to the position
- Participate and contribute in a team-based environment
- Maintain a team supportive attendance record
- Understand and deliver quality customer service that is consistent with the Polyclinic s efforts in becoming a High-Performance Organization
- Follow OSHA/WISHA (including usage of PPE) guidelines
- Follow HIPAA regulations
- Adapt and perform effectively in a continuously changing environment, and in occasional difficult situations
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in customer service or patient service
- 2+ years of experience working in the healthcare industry
- 2+ years of experience in patient outreach
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Suite
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for Washington residents is $16.00 to $31.44. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.