UT Southwestern Medical Center
Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. At UT Southwestern, we invest in you with opportunities for career growth and development that align with your future goals and help to provide security for you and your family. Our highly competitive benefits package offers healthcare, PTO and paid holidays, on-site childcare, wage, merit increases and so much more that are all available on the day you start work. UT Southwestern is honored to be a Veteran Friendly work environment that is home to approximately 800 veterans. We value your integrity, dedication, and the commitment you’ve made to our country. We’re proud to support your next mission. Ranked by Forbes as one of the Top 10 National Employers, we invite you to be a part of the UT Southwestern team where you’ll discover teamwork, professionalism, and consistent opportunities for growth.
The Payroll Analyst will perform a wide variety of payroll functions and spend extensive time in multiple applications such as Peoplesoft 9.2, UKG/MyTime, Excel, SQL, etc. They will ensure that all UT Southwestern Payrolls are processed with the utmost accuracy and timeliness. Position will also be involved in auditing and reconciling Payrolls and accounts.
Candidate should be advanced in Excel, have MyTime/UKG and PeopleSoft experience and have knowledge in payroll tax processing/reconciling.
This position is under a hybrid work model with time work both on-campus and remote.
Experience and Education
High school diploma or equivalent, Associate or Bachelor degree preferred, and two (2) years of related experience and normally requires specific accounting/payroll training. FPC or CPP certification preferred
- Ensure accurate and timely calculation, processing and distribution of UT Southwestern payrolls
- Ensure that transactions are processed in compliance with internal policies and procedures, as well as government agency regulations
- Process and audit UT Southwestern payrolls, including input or upload of approved adjustments to pay, with a strong focus on employee status changes, new hires, terminations, federal/state/local tax changes, 403(b) and other benefit changes, garnishments, and any other adjustments that impact gross-to-net calculations.
- Balance and evaluate federal/state/local tax files, and work with Tax Administrator regarding tax processing and questions and concerns.
- Maintain employee pay records, reflecting all payroll updates and audit changes posted to payroll software
- Maintain the flow of documentation for payroll changes, including communication with internal departments to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding pay calculations
- Calculate retroactive payments, as required, create manual checks and set up off cycle payrolls, including special bonus and incentive processing
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For COVID-19 vaccine information, applicants should visit
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers, visit
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information. UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit:
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=649302519fcda3ec9b7310f15&ri=98b53f5d7e1d4bb6b9c554b0b917384d&job_loc=Dallas%2CTX&q&spl=4470434f3846747568566c51457548753a7541764b4361787944676464345534492b43325041773d3d3a442b6b2b4a4142667143446830683153794d58312b436a6e306c7665346930485956684a4d4e43617049415246666d6347585152454e6866676c6d62673542526359677964314f644373545a5a4568383533786b6d464753593065426f72316279486a42617973397077334959475a4e796e594773326c72616364566c727865462f317937714232324d4a673644434f&encrypt=0&l=United+States→