MV Transportation is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Payroll Clerk. The successful candidate possesses the ability to accurately prepare and process payroll for all project employees on a bi-weekly basis, provide administrative assistance with employee file information, and prepare monthly reports for our client. This position will require working closely with the Accounting Manager and Division Manager to ensure all project staff hours are processed effectively and efficiently.
- Enter all payroll information on a daily basis in appropriate software, making note of potential pay discrepancies and ensuring accuracy of employee time data.
- Maintain accurate payroll template to ensure all hours are paid and accounted for.
- Distribute paychecks on a bi-weekly basis.
- Prepare daily and weekly reports for Operations Manager and General Manager comparing revenue hours and payroll hours to county specified hours.
- Address employee concerns regarding hours worked, pay rates, taxes, garnishments, and paycheck discrepancies.
- Ensure accuracy of payroll accounting in general ledger and monthly financial statements.
- Update and maintain payroll related employee file information.
- Accurately and efficiently process wage and salary increases.
- Provide timely updates to employees through memoranda and other means.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Data entry, payroll processing, clerical experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- General knowledge of windows-based computer operating systems.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow directions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
Starting Pay Rate: $19.92/hour
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=6485a29a672da3ec93f7fc7d5&ri=98b5731f207f4fada436154db1c897d5&job_loc=Los+Angeles%2CCA&q&spl=576e6f4f656e42696f494d37366b57523a2f43526e454d5868494a43445738657676436c5a65773d3d3a75304968613769534e764676765879747552676941535a7534304e326f516b366f6f52576a2b37714559374770543061456f5879682f3179324249564e524c654a4d366c4a43624f445a57527a6d66316e6663422b634c726e4f76616367537676676430724f32476936714b6c775044756e7575373947387351716e77764c3843706177577246737341344d7467707036773d3d&encrypt=0&l=United+States→