Payroll Specialist [HYBRID]* Job ID: 71042891* Job Family: Finance / Accounting* Location: Rosemead, CA US* Other Locations:* Salary: 31. 11-46. 68Non-RepresentedThis base pay range is for a pay grade that encompasses this position and a variety of other positions at the company. The pay offered to the successful candidate may vary depending on the position and multiple individualized factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Represented IBEW Local 47This pay range represents the rates of pay for step 1 to the maximum step for this position. The pay range and the specific pay for the successful candidate are determined in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement between Southern California Edison Company and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 47. Job DescriptionJoin the Clean Energy RevolutionBecome a Payroll Specialist at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. This position will be in the Controller’s department within SCE’s Finance Organizational Unit (OU).
As the Payroll Specialist, you are expected to deliver the highest quality, most efficient time keeping support to all Edison employees. You will work individually and in a team environment on timekeeping process improvements; partner with other analysts on continuous improvements and best practices; and collaborate with our business partners and optimize automation to increase efficiencies. As a Payroll Specialist, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future.
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright.
* Process Timesheet and Pay Adjustments for employees timely and accurately for our internal clients. (i. e.
, correct timesheet errors; work schedule changes including substitutions and accounting changes).
* Provide client training with a focus to increase employee/manager self-service.
* Resolves a variety of conventional problems, questions, or situations in conformance with defined criteria, practice or protocol as it relates to Timekeeping, including Disability absences.
* Recommend solutions to issues by referring to OU guidelines and SCE policies and procedures.
* Analyze data and recommend solutions and process improvements.
* Ensures core work is completed on timely and accurately.
* Review reports in advance of payroll closing to identify errors to correct them before payroll runs.
* Responsible for submitting separations for employees, e.
g. , retirement, voluntary and involuntary.
* Conduct analysis and building/pulling reports. QualificationsThe essentials* Three or more years of experience in accounting or payroll.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel performing functions such as VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, filtering/sorting, charts and graphing. The preferred* Experience using SAP and/or other similar enterprise-wide software.
* Knowledge of timekeeping related activities.
* Experience with Disability Timekeeping.
* Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), state and federal payroll laws.
* Ability to make sound decisions, troubleshoot problems, and attention to detail.
* Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution management skills.
* Ability to manage confidential records and time sensitive information.
You should know* This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
* Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more.
* This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Please access our Information Guides, to reference Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles test 8203. Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
* Relocation does not apply to this position. About Southern California EdisonThe people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet.
Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world. At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) ###-####.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=64161b7f0abda3ec9acc622b5&ri=98b5f3fc5a18441d942cfd0b7ab01c63&job_loc=Rosemead%2CCA&q&spl=726771614549526c4762446b684c376d3a525375326e41706f686455544664747951596d4b6a413d3d3a4a712b5941714e70332f316f304c4f5354324f50494e4f4e517837702f612f527a554e5065322b6e6d694e47784b6b58465a68342b4f4c42542f64717351396775764f764d56452b644e6977304435375765532f4930643858774b53654d5658737032354b55683867325547623844526b4636433973627a6d4f5778687a44457458634a&encrypt=0&l=United+States→