Are you a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) or MA (Medical Assistant) looking to step away from a medical office and into a remote position?
If you answered yes, then this might be the job for you because ExamWorks is looking for a Quality Assurance Coordinator for our team. You will be responsible for reading medical reports ensuring accuracy by searching for any errors in grammar, medical terminology, and content before sending to our clients.
This position is 100% remote. Candidate must be available to work Monday through Friday 8:30am-5:00pm CT.
Want to join an employee-first company with great benefits and growth opportunities? If you think this aligns with what you desire in your next career move, apply at this very moment!
- Performs quality assurance review of IME reports, correspondences, addendums or supplemental reviews.
- Ensures clear, concise, evidence-based rationales have been provided in support of all recommendations and/or determinations.
- Ensures that all client instructions and specifications have been followed and that all questions have been addressed.
- Ensures each review is supported by clinical citations and references when applicable and verifies that all references cited are current and obtained from reputable medical journals and/or publications.
- Ensures the content, format, and professional appearance of the reports are of the highest quality and in compliance with company standards.
- Ensure that the appropriate board specialty has reviewed the case in compliance with client specifications and/or state mandates and is documented accurately on the case report.
- Verifies that the peer reviewer has attested to only the fact(s) and that no evidence of reviewer conflict of interest exists.
- Ensures the provider credentials and signature are adhered to the final report.
- Identifies any inconsistencies within the report and contacts the Provider to obtain clarification, modification or correction as needed.
- Assists in resolution of customer complaints and quality assurance issues as needed.
- Ensures all federal ERISA and/or state mandates are adhered to at all times.
- Provides insight and direction to management on consultant quality, availability and compliance with all company policies and procedures and client specifications.
- Promote effective and efficient utilization of company resources.
- Participate in various educational and or training activities as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of medical office experience.
- Must have strong knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, medications and laboratory values.
- Qualified typist with a minimum of 40 W.P.M preferred
- Must be knowledgeable of multiple software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and the Internet.
- Must possess excellent skills in English usage, grammar, punctuation and style.
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to upper managements directions accurately.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize work activities and use time efficiently.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to stay focused and concentrate under normal or heavy distractions.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and or stressful conditions.
- Must possess the ability to manage change, delays, or unexpected events appropriately.
- Demonstrates reliability and abides by the company attendance policy.
ExamWorks is a leading provider of innovative healthcare services including independent medical examinations, peer reviews, bill reviews, Medicare compliance, case management, record retrieval, document management and related services. Our clients include property and casualty insurance carriers, law firms, third-party claim administrators and government agencies that use independent services to confirm the veracity of claims by sick or injured individuals under automotive, disability, liability and workers’ compensation insurance coverages.
ExamWorks, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to protected veteran status, qualified individuals with disabilities and all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans