ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300 offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes – from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
The pay listed is the salary range for this position. An offer will vary based on the applicant’s education, experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit
- Reaching out to new candidates via phone or email
- Effective communication face-to-face, over the phone and emailing
- Knowledge of ABM job positions and comfortably and confidently explaining them to candidates
- Knowledge of effective questioning to understand candidates previous experience and if they would be a good fit for the company
- Accessing multiple systems to find candidates
- Knowing how to address possible candidates when cold-calling, and comfortably introducing and talking about ABM
- Must be comfortably asking candidates if they can pass a background, drug screen and motor vehicle report, why they left their previous job and how much they were previously paid
- Effectively knowing when a client is a good fit for a company, when they are not, and recording information accurately on ABM systems on sourcing outcomes, and whether we will move forward with application process
- Knowing when to offer interviewing opportunity and managing multiple calendars of other team members when scheduling interviews
- Scheduling a minimum of 5 to 10 interviews daily per branch
- Find effective ways to communicate with candidates despite various language barriers
- Able to ask appropriate questions relatable to the job position and tasks that candidate will be performing while on the job
- Articulate expectations for candidates based off job position: preferred skills, minimum requirements, job tasks, communication from candidate, orientation scheduling, and candidate specific accommodations if needed.
- Ability to interview candidates within strict time frames
- Ability to gauge if a candidate is a good fit for the job based off assertiveness, current skills, past experiences, timeliness and interview presence
- Effective note taker, and communicator
- Ability to utilize effective ways to communicate with candidates that possess certain barriers by using interpreters, job coaches, and/or translation applications
- Facilitate the scheduling of 2nd and 3rd interviews with Managers and Clients if required
- Skills to effectively offer job to candidate and to set up appropriate days for orientation/onboarding paperwork
- Running multiple onboarding classes each day (6+ people per class per day)
- Facilitating multiple phases of orientation as the process is split into multiple stages
- Effectively communicating to candidates, the ABM onboarding expectations, being able to explain what they are signing and assisting with paperwork and online processing when needed
- Facilitating safety quizzes and educating new hires with ABM safety protocols during safety orientation
- Communicating with warehouse managers per email and appropriate paperwork to ensure that each candidate has uniform ready
- Running and reviewing background paperwork, drug-screen paperwork, and motor vehicle paperwork through various ABM approved systems
- Actively communicating with candidates through onboarding process: ensuring there is no drop off, updating candidates on background/drug screen/MVR status, scheduling for future orientation days, and informing clients if they fail background/drug screen/MVR
- Effectively communicating with managers on the completion of onboarding and the candidate release, and when they are ready to work
- Process and upload all new hire paperwork into the onboarding system
- Process and review employment eligibility using Employment Authorization system
- Communicate with candidates if additional employment verification is needed, and facilitate additional checks through government agencies- DSHS, SSA etc.
- Process position control so new hire can be entered into employee portal
- Follow through of new hire documents to ensure the new hire is entered into the employee portal via data entry
- COMPANY AND STATE RUN POLICIES:
- Following FIFO policies with fair hiring practices
- Union and non-union policies
- Lay off processing and transferring of employees between sites, branches, states, and union contracts
- Following various company policies: ABM Code of Business Conduct, ABM Social Media Policy, HR best practices
- Local, State, and Government policies
- Develop candidate leads, resume searches, job fairs, college recruiting, referrals, networking, cold calling, and direct sourcing.
- Attending job fairs and effectively selling and talking about ABM and positions open for hiring
- Create and publish professional recruiting materials and advertising on both internal and external systems
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in English
- Be teamwork driven and have experience working with other teams/departments
- Proficient in communicating face-to-face, over the phone and electronically
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate with higher management and clients
- Ability to travel to job fairs, may require some weekends
- Attention to detail and high organization skills
- Experience MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- 1+ years’ experience fast paced Talent Sourcing or Recruiting
- 1+ years’ scheduling and managing calendars
- Strong oral and electronic communication
- 1+ year experience communicating with higher management
- Experience running background checks, issuing drug screen, and authorizing employment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM is an EOE/AA (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-###-####. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=65e5ab3145bda3ec85f766cf5&ri=98b94ef06f0548eeb9c7ceb37424af3e&job_loc=Los+Angeles%2CCA&q=Recruiter&spl=55482f44503677526b69436b6f492f613a63597652786c4a4a4b696d594463636f4969334e35673d3d3a6268316b61706831436367762f566a4c54694d356a5a6159782f2f454a4449557a7a50434f45464239736152506d317a6f435358694772564b754473614d304c52366633314b4e555271553539796431467779504f4546636364325450756c3739463839503444544f626f30326336434f6a7366596c4f355a7258695648433579367678&encrypt=0&l=united+states&query_category_id=390000→