Millennium Physician Group
Millennium is growing again! Come join a dynamic team and help us grow! This individual is responsible for establishing new lines of business between community physicians and MPG. The director builds and retains relationships with providers, educating them about MPG programs and services. The ideal candidate must live in Sarasota, Charlotte or Lee county as travel will be focused in this region. This position is considered remote and office duties will be from a home office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of local market dynamics, patient demographics and preferences, primary care physician practice economics and motivators to support development
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with providers
- Organize and facilitate events that support the growth strategy
- Manages leads and document details in Salesforce
- Coordinates provider interest to initiate NDA and due diligence
- Identify and report market intelligence including competitive positioning, practice growth/vulnerability to senior leadership
- Develop extensive pre-call planning data e.g. to assess our physician’s accessibility to patients, and referring physicians’ loyalty/splitting behavior, market conditions, etc.
- Provide ongoing support for relationships established with area physicians and act as the point person for concerns, communication and information
- Identify potential opportunities for service line or company to establish clinics or expand services, based on feedback from community physicians
- Educates/enhances relationships within the provider community
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively throughout the state on average 80% of the time required
- Adapt hours and availability to meet the needs of our physician customers and team
This position has no supervisory duties at this time.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analysis/Problem Assessment Securing relevant information and identifying key issues and relationships from a base of information; relating and comparing data from different sources; identifying cause-effect relationships.
Compassion – The responsibility to put a patient’s or person’s interests first, including the duty not to harm, deliver proper care, and maintain confidentiality.
Compliance – Employee has satisfactory completed employers required compliance training. Employee is able to demonstrate an understanding of employers Code of Conduct.
Communication – Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including nonverbal communication); adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Good listening skills.
Follow-up – Consistently maintaining a high activity or productivity level; sustaining long work hours.
Individual Leadership/ Influencing – Using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals (direct reports, peers, and supervisors) toward goal achievement; modifying behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
Initiative – Making active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive. Practices self-development.
Integrity – Maintaining and promoting social, ethical, and organizational norms is conducting internal and external business activities.
Judgement/ Problem Solving – Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others.
Maximizing Performance – Establishing performance/development goals, coaching performance, providing training, and evaluating performance.
Patient Service Orientation – Proactively developing patient/customer relations by making efforts to listen and understand the customer and their needs (both internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to patient/customer satisfaction. Ensures appropriate follow up and is their advocate in determining solutions. The employee uses a variety of communication techniques to effectively express thoughts and ideas and to understand or influence.
Planning and Organizing/ Work Management – Establishing a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal; planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources.
Results Driven & Execution – Accountable for meeting or exceeding individual and/or department goals and objectives. Committed to producing results that will achieve company objectives. Sets priorities and organizes time to meet or exceed goals, follows up, and takes personal responsibility for results whether they are positive or negative.
Teamwork/ Collaboration – Working effectively with team/work group or those outside formal line of authority (e.g., peers, senior managers) to accomplish organizational goals; taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting the consensus; subordinating own objectives to the objectives of the organization or team. Listens to others and values opinions.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Proven work experience as a Regional Sales Manager, Area Manager or similar senior sales role preferably in the medical field.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university or equivalent experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills and pay attention to details with the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities in a demanding environment, with excellent time management skills.
- Self-motivated/self-starter, can take initiative, can work independently without supervision and can step in to support other department initiatives; Can work well under pressure.
- Demonstrates commitment and accountability and is self-confident in executing responsibilities; excellent corporate work ethics.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a minimum of intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel software & Microsoft Word Processing software and extensive knowledge of ADP Payroll systems (preferred). Familiarity with CRM software is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – N/A
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate depending on business activity of the office. The noise level while traveling could be more intense with exposure to highway noise.