Cox Communications, Inc.
Job Family Group:
Customer Care Group
Customer Care Specialist I
Variable (United States of America)
Making connections – real connections – is important to you. We get it. We’re Cox Communications, part of the Cox family of businesses, and we’re all about connecting people, from our customers to potential employees.
The opportunity at hand is a full-time Call Center Customer Account Specialist – Remote, which is just a chatty way of saying you’re in the business of bringing satisfaction to everyone. We’re looking for someone who can not only help our customers resolve concerns, but keep them happy, engaged, and eager to explore other ways Cox can meet their needs. Talk about real human connection, you’re the person who ensures our customers feel cared for, relaxed and respected, and sleeps well knowing you’ve seized every moment you communicate with customers to show our humanity.
As part of a customer experience driven team, you will earn an hourly rate of $18.00. You will earn an extra $1.25/hour from 6pm-10pm. We have a shift bid process that you will go through before you are finished with the training program. During this time you will work with your Onboarding Supervisor when schedules are shared for you to select. Our schedules are dependent on the needs of the business and when our customers need us. Therefore, you will see a mix of schedules that are 8 hour and/or 10 hour schedules for you to choose from. The schedules provided will match our operating model of 5am to 10pm M-F, which could include holidays, call center environment and may vary by location. If it sounds like we’re on your frequency, then keep reading.
Connections and smiles abound, and you don’t even need to know how to make balloon animal. If you’re a problem-slaying people person who wants to work from home in an inclusive environment where your perspectives are valued, this may be opportunity calling just for you!
What You’ll Do
People will confuse you with a bona fide rock star, and not just because you’re sporting a headset microphone. Customers are looking for someone who can make their life better, while making the process friction-free. Your ability to combine your training, skills, resources and tools into superior service make that a mighty probable proposition.
For this job, you’ll answer the call to:
- Assess customers’ needs, suggesting products & services for their home & business needs.
- Adjust billing, negotiate claims, and arrange product substitutions/returns.
- Remain current on Cox Business products and services
- Own the customer experience
What’s In It For You?
- You’ll be sold on Cox’s great, highly competitive pay, generous incentives, and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer free Internet, and discounts on other Cox services valued at up to $300 per month. We offer tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. It’s our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. It’s also important to work alongside colleagues who are empathic and “get you”. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- Boundless career opportunities. Cox provides lateral and upward movement across a cool mix of up-and-coming industries from smart home automation and greener modes of transportation to sustainable farming and clean energy. We’ll support you on your journey through the oodles of opportunities at Cox.
- Who You Are
You’re a team player who is at ease engaging with customers, capable of filling them with confidence in Cox. You like a little support and structure, but you also love being able to solve challenges creatively without losing your Zen-like centeredness. And while you haven’t been part of a traveling circus, you’ve mastered the art of juggling a few balls at once.
- High school diploma, GED or relevant work experience.
- 6 months experience using a computer and navigating multiple screens.
- 1 or more years customer service experience.
- You must live in Tucson, AZ or a surrounding community.
- You must have high-speed internet connection available in your home.
- Excellent skills in creating an exceptional customer experience, sales orientation, multi-tasking, building customer rapport by discovering customer needs and problem solving.
- Live in Tucson, AZ or a surrounding community where Cox Communication services are available.
- 1+ years’ experience working in a position that requires meeting sales goals.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service role, not specific to just Call Centers.
- Strong aptitude for helping customers and a customer experience focus.
- Ability to adapt to constant change.
- Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
- Ability to learn and apply new procedures.
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Solid analytical skills to determine the best course of action to resolve issue.
- Must be able to work in a highly structured call center environment.
- Enthusiastic and personable.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications is all about creating moments of real human connection; and for employees, that’s true both in the workplace and in the problems we solve for customers. From building advertising solutions to unleashing IoT technologies to creating an exceptional experience for customers in our retail locations and online, we’re creating a world that is smarter and more connected. Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page. Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.