Harris Computer Systems
This remote role welcomes candidates anywhere in Canada and the US.
A division of Harris; Partner Software, Inc. is a software development company that provides map-based software solutions to the utility industry. We strive to create effective, user-friendly products that reduce the time and cost of operations for our clients. In this manner, our software touches millions of lives every day.
Our Client Support team is seeking a Support Specialist who will answer client calls, input customer data into the new CRM, as well as resolve customer concerns and technical issues. You will assist Partner Software’s Support Department by effectively providing Tier One software support services for all Partner products to Partner customers. You will also assist in populating the Team Support Knowledge Base. Insert tabular data into SQL database to populate our CRM system. The Support Specialist is accountable for ensuring the continuity of computer system services for computer users by providing the technical expertise, assistance and project coordination necessary to maintain computer software products, modify/repair hardware and resolve technical problems.
What your impact will be:
* Assist in migrating documentation to the client knowledge base.
* Take support-related telephone calls.
* Create support tickets in the ticketing system with the goal of accurate documentation.
* Follow tier-one troubleshooting tasks through to completion and document services provided, increasing the knowledge base for all support.
* Collaborate with other members of support on assessing training needs for tier-one support positions.
What we are looking for:
* Demonstrated track record of working effectively within a collaborative and cohesive, team-based environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Outstanding customer service and organizational skills
* Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Positive, results-oriented mindset
* Ability to multi-task effectively and consistently meet assigned deadlines
* Self-starter with the ability to work well independently and in groups
* Advanced computer literacy, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and SQL, is desired
What we can offer:
* 3 weeks’ vacation and 5 personal days
* Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits starting from your first day of employment
* Employee stock ownership and RRSP/401k matching programs
* Lifestyle rewards
* Remote work and more!
Partner Software originated within Exploration Resources, a computing and environmental monitoring services company. The Partner group developed a map viewer able to integrate maps from multiple vendors into a seamless single-scale display. In 1997, Partner Software began selling its Map Viewer. Our first customer, GreyStone Power Corporation, also became our co-developer for “Staking Partner”, the initial field tool operating within our unified Map Viewer.
From these humble beginnings, the Partner map viewer evolved into a platform for map-based applications of all kinds. As an enterprise-class product, it now integrates with applications from other vendors including connectivity modeling, billing and customer service, outage management, engineering, and many others. Created for viewing different map file formats simultaneously, the Map Viewer now provides a simple, unified interface for a sophisticated suite of software.
Now more than 160 utilities that provide power to more than 4.9 million customers use Partner Software.