American Physical Society
Salesforce Administrator (Remote)
Who we are:
The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities. APS represents more than 50,000 members, including physicists in academia, national laboratories, and industry in the United States and throughout the world.
We seek someone who thrives in a multi-project, dynamic, and diverse environment to collaborate toward the American Physical Society’s Information Technology department’s strategic goals. You will utilize various elicitation techniques to gather pertinent information to plan effectively, design, develop, and launch the business, financial, and operations systems supporting core organizational functions. You are someone who can recommend solutions that will best fit the overall alignment with APS organizational objectives. In addition, for this role, the Salesforce Administrator must identify and create clear, concise alternative, constructive, and forward-thinking solutions for multiple business objectives and requirements. You would be a Salesforce Product Owner within the Information Technology team, having a variety of responsibilities, including supporting strategic projects from start to finish, advising on our long-term roadmap to ensure scalable and innovative solutions, and driving process and mentoring other business systems analysts on the team.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
1. Interact directly with source system vendors, understand downstream impacts, and will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to create final functional definitions.
2. Coaching junior analysts, preparing performance reports/metrics/dashboards for the department/documenting workflows within the organization.
The APS has a “remote first” concept that promotes equal treatment and equal access, independent of physical work location, with a majority of staff working primarily from remote work locations. This position could require at times in office work, various geographic events and meeting attendance as instructed by your Supervisor. APS values diversity and welcomes candidates from a variety of backgrounds. APS offers a dynamic work environment with an outstanding total compensation package including salary, outstanding benefits, and excellent paid time off.
A Typical Week May Look Like This:
- Maintains a detailed understanding of Salesforce to serve the departments supported by the group
- Supporting the day-to-day operation of Salesforce
- Understands and supports business procedures of various departments (Membership, Development, and Meetings) of a non-profit to provide procedural solutions, software customization, or development as needed.
- Administers, configures and builds solutions in Salesforce and associated applications.
- Identifies requirements for API solutions and integrations with third-party systems.
- Provides advanced support to users.
- Document changes to the design and implementation of Salesforce.
- Implement the latest Salesforce features to ensure we are taking full advantage of offerings, including leading the transition from Salesforce Classic to the Lightning Experience.
- Works closely with vendors to implement projects, patches, and upgrades.
Is This You:
Education: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or equivalent/ relevant field required. Certification in Salesforce Administrator or Platform App Builder certifications preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimally 4 years of experience in a technical environment as Salesforce Administrator
- Expert understanding of Salesforce core functionality and best practices including the ability to create and train other admins on those concepts
- Experience mapping and loading data into Salesforce
- Expert level proficiency in creating flows, custom objects, validation rules, reporting, dashboards, assignment rules, and formula fields in web-based applications
- SOQL (Salesforce object query language) skills
- Experience in nonprofit organization preferred
- Strong organization, documentation, and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing schedules.
- Ability to work well with interdepartmental teams as well as independently.
Travel: The position may require some business travel to attend meetings and events as directed by the supervisor.
- The Scientific Method
- Truth and Integrity
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Respect
- Partnering, Cooperation, and Open Collaboration
- Speaking Out
- Education and Learning
Amazing 2023 Benefit Offerings:
- Flexible schedules and ability to work remotely
- 8% employer-paid retirement contribution
- Investment advisement services: 100% employer paid
- Medical benefits: PPO or HDHP option
- Employer contribution to FSA or HSA account, eligibility based on medical plan enrollment
- Lifestyle Spending benefit up to $2000.00 (USD) – 100% employer paid
- Dental benefits: individual coverage 100% employer paid
- Vision benefits: individual and dependent coverage 100% employer paid
- Basic Life & Accident insurance: employee coverage 100% employer paid
- Supplemental Life & Accident insurance, including spouse & dependent child(ren) coverage
- Disability insurance: employee coverage 100% employer paid
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness insurance
- Healthcare, Commuter & Dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Vacation: 15 days annually
- Generous holiday leave: 17 paid days of significance; includes one week closure at the end of December
- Personal leave: 4 days annually
- Volunteer leave: 1 day annually
- Sick leave: 10 days annually
- Bereavement & Compassion leave: 2 -15 days based on loss
- 12 weeks employer-paid family leave
- College tuition reimbursement plan
- Job related seminar & continuing education
- Professional Certification/Recertification 100% employer paid
- Training and professional development; access to LinkedIn Learning on-demand courses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mindfulness Meditation: live and on-demand classes
- APS does not offer relocation assistance/costs
The American Physical Society is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of American Physical Society not to discriminate or allow the harassment of employees or applicants on the basis of race, religious creed, immigration status, alienage or citizenship, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, protected veteran status, protected military status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, ancestry, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices, including recruitment, advertising, job application procedures, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, job assignments, benefits and/or other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, provided the individual is qualified, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential functions of the job. This policy applies to all jobs at APS. The American Physical Society is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact APS Human Resources at …@aps.org. The “Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal” poster, prepared by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), provides an overview of several laws that protect you from discrimination on the job, and several rights are afforded to you by these laws. The “Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision,” prepared by the U.S. Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), provides an overview of several protections implemented to protect individuals working under federal contracts from discrimination when inquiring about or discussing compensation; these protections apply to all employees and applicants. The APS has a “remote first” concept that promotes equal treatment and equal access, independent of physical work location, with a majority of staff working primarily from remote work locations.