Allied Universal , North America s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, retirement plan, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!
Now Hiring Full – Time Security Officers for Overnight Shifts in Bloomington, IL
Join the World’s Leading Global Security Company!
Excellent Career Advancement Opportunities!
Paid Orientation, Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k for Full – Time!
Starting Pay: $17.00 / Hour
We are looking for Security Professionals with Excellent Customer Service Skills with a Professional Appearance
Available Shift: Overnight Shift Available Must be willing to work both weekend days
As a Security Officer, you will serve and safeguard clients in a range of industries such as Commercial Real Estate, Healthcare, Education, Government and more.
- Provide customer service to our clients by carrying out safety and security procedures, site-specific policies and when appropriate, emergency response activities
- Respond to incidents and critical situations in a calm, problem solving manner
- Conduct regular and random patrols around the business and perimeter. Working environments and conditions may vary by client site.
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment.
Driving Positions: must possess a valid Driver s License with at least one year of driving experience, a clean driving record (no major violations within last 36 months, no more than 1 accident in last 24 months, no more than one minor moving violation in last 24 months), a minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and the ability to safely operate a vehicle required.Valid Driver’s License – AU Driver Policy Requirements
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES :
- Heavy Customer Service Background – we are looking for highly motivated people who are dedicated to providing outstanding customer service to our client, our employees, and any guests and visitors.
- Someone who can speak clearly, give direction, and provide guidance to employees and security staff during emergencies
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- The ability to efficiently multitask, with excellent organization skills
- Answer and respond to events and situations received over regular and emergency phones, 2- way radios, and intercoms.
- Accurately document routine and unusual events occurring on or near the facilities (accomplished via shift reports, pass-downs logs, incident reports, incident reports logs, or other established methods)
- Make emergency notifications as necessary pursuant to site Post Orders
- Ability to work in and out of all weather conditions
- Ability to assist new officers in learning Post Orders
- Proficient Computer skills – Ability to learn new programs
- Ability to walk, stand, sit for long periods of time
- Ability to walk-up stairs to conduct tours
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency; proficiency with Microsoft Office and/or Google Applications
- Ability to quickly and efficiently analyze high stress situations to determine the proper communication of events & to dispatch the proper teams to determine the best course of action to take.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment while possibly working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize workload based on urgency
- Ability to communicate effectively
- The ability to remain calm in the face of adversary/ elevated stressful situations
- Be organized with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated analytic and critical thinking skills
- Flexible working schedule to include nights and weekends
- Ability to work in a team environment
Perks and Benefits:
- Health insurance and 401k plans for full-time positions
- Flexible part time and full-time schedules that fit with your personal life goals
- Ongoing paid training programs and career growth opportunities
- We offer attractive Pay Options! DailyPay, WeeklyPay
- Employee discounts through our perks program to your favorite restaurants, entertainment venues and much more
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.